Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What about my copyrights, or my rights over the games I make?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 07:27
I have made a few multiplayer games and they are tested, debugged and ready to sell.

I know I must include a few things with the game, like the license-bsd, and somewhere in the game or a file:

" This game was created using FPS Creator. Copyrights 2005 The Game Creators Ltd. All Rights Reserved. www.fpscreator.com "

But, I have a few questions:

1.- How can I copyright my games?
2.- What stops the person that I am selling the game to re-sell it?
3.- What stops anybody just to grab and re-sell it on e-bay or something like it is theirs?
4.- Do I have any rights over my games?, they are my babies, my creations.
TechNo VaLLey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 12:36
1.- How can I copyright my games?
This depends on where you live

2.- What stops the person that I am selling the game to re-sell it?
You have to protect your game ...

3.- What stops anybody just to grab and re-sell it on e-bay or something like it is theirs?
You have to protect your game as well ...

4.- Do I have any rights over my games?, they are my babies, my creations.
Just try to enhance your games fix bugs and pack the game professionally .. create nice ads etc ...

Techno VaLLeY
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 15:34 Edited at: 19th Feb 2008 15:37
1. You can copyright your games by adding the text: Copyright 2008 [your name], just as The Game Creators do. This will tell people that the game belongs to you, just as FPSC belongs to TGC. You need not pay anyone or get any kind of license to do this. Just make sure the work is yours, and you give credit to others work when necessary. This is not a magic text that will keep others from stealing your work.

2. There is no way to stop people from robbing you. If you did what you could to claim and protect the game, and you include a proper EULA, your only recourse is to pursue legal means.

3. Same as #2.

4. You own what you create. You have legal rights to it, and legal rights to pursue those who would take it from you, or make money from it. If you can prove it's yours, and others are stealing it or profiting from it, then you have every right to pursue them. There are many forms of proof of ownership. The original work, the date of posting to a website or selling in a store, etc.

That being said, it's a virtual guarantee that other will steal/use/sell it without your permission, or without paying you a cent. All you can do is try to protect it. Start on this forum by looking for programs like Vishnu and Phoenix.

Best.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:28:05
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:28:05