Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / totally n00b question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 19:12
Hi FPSC users,
I wish to import my own models into FPSC 9.0, i have googled the question but found no definivtive answer. I have 3ds Max 7 and a .X exporter plugin. If I export a model and try to use this 'entity' in FPS I cannot find it. I would assume that I am doing something totally wrong, any tutorials or an FAQ somewere would be great,
thanks,
Phil
Phil DDIStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 20:38
ok, I have found entity maker and used it fine, however i am trying to import a sword and I can do it fine but it wont scale down, its HUGE! any ideas? when I import it its like 10x bigger than everything else,
eek!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2008 21:52
Check out my Hints and Tips Guide (see sig)

Phil DDIStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2008 21:56
Hi I have flicked through the .PDF file,
but (maybe i missed it) I cannot find how to correct that problem, I can import the custom models ok (using entityMaker, etc) but the models that i get when i go into FPSC library are huge, it seems they need to be scaled. I have tried adjusting the "SCALE" attribute in entityMaker but it doesnt make a difference,

am I missing somehting?
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2008 05:20
well, every entity in FPS Creator has to have 4 files in order to be visible and playable in the engine. Or just for static objects also.

1.- The .X file (mesh, animation, etc)

2.- A .tga file which is the texture that is assigned to the .x file( not bigger than 512 x 512)

3.- A .fpe file, which is the one that actually links all the information together with the game engine, it controls the behavior, size, and other aspects of the model.

4.- A .bmp file, is a 64x64 pixels picture of your model, which will be shown as a thumbnail inside FPS Creator.

They all have to be in a folder, and you will copy this folder inside FPS Creator. You can name this folder whatever you want. A significant name is better.
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 15:03
Quote: "2.- A .tga file which is the texture that is assigned to the .x file( not bigger than 512 x 512)"

really? CC uses 2048x2048, and i use 4096x4096, sure the textures are twenty megabytes but it really gives a lot of detail in the textures...

i also use the entity maker, and import it, then scale it to what you want, if it is the size of the titanic, then make the model smaller (in blender i press "S" then "-4") and do the steps all over again

Play the games the masters play: MKZn and 3-B promo

http://www.3bpromo.tk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:30:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:30:50