Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / ID Limitations?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I see that the engine allows 32-bitmap id's; what are the other limitations (memblock, images etc) and why?

Regards,
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 03:41
Memblock - keep it BELOW 258 ... Dunno why.
Don't Delete 3d Math Vectors - try to REcycle.
Keep "Deleting" Objects to a minimum - good rule of thumb - do what ever you want to game loaded and playing - but once in Game Play - Exclude or Hide Objects - Don't Delete them recycle.

DarkGDK is a Mother Earth Application. The more you "Throw things out" the madder it gets at you! - Jason P Sage

Once you need more than one camera - you're in DarkGDK No-Mans Land - sometimes you're fine - well.. you get the idea.

If you can't find something - Look in DBPro manual if you have one - if not (or after that) Look in the DarkGDK header Files - you might find something undocumented - or see a reference to something that isn't in the DARKGDK.H file - so you need to make your own declaration then it will work... um.... That's all I got for now.

Oh - shadows are a pain.

Jumpster
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Jason. I'm limiting things myself to: 32-bitmaps (documented), 512-images and 255-memblocks. Somehow, those numbers seemed reasonable to me. Apparently, the GDK prefers images over bitmaps (but give better support for bitmaps - hmmm), so I assumed images are probably D3D9Textures - which are limited by video memory (I believe).

Anyway, when I resolve my other issues (see new post), I'll test these limitations and adjust as required.

Regards,
JHeikkilaJr

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:33:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:33:42