Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What Makes A Level - Tutorial - Great Newbie Info

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 01:55 Edited at: 26th Feb 2008 12:27
Okay, heads up, if I'm posting in the wrong forum, tell me, man.

This is an un-organized list of tips and a couple of step-by-step instructions for making a better, more full level. If you guys have any more advice, I'll add it if you wish. This is a guide consolidated for newbies, but may be useful for pros as well...

==RANDOM TIPS==

-Do not make too many dynamic entities. FPSC gets slow (in case you haven't noticed) when many dynamic entities are in one place. By all means, you can still have various dynamic entites, just for un-intractable scenery, leave it static for the sake of the game's ability to run smoothly.

-Objects that can be thrown need higher "Physics Force Damage" if you want them to kill. 100 doesn't do it. You need to set it to something higher, if you want it to kill/break stuff with.

-Make the game vivid, create much lush scenery around you so the game looks...full. Real. Even the background stuff meeds to be appealing. But for stuff that you can never touch/shoot, make it static for the sake of running smoother.

-Always keep Full Shader Effects ON!!! You would be surprised what a massive difference it makes. You can turn on Soft Lightmapping as well, but always try to keep shaders ON. Though, if you do have a low-end computer or you don't have a super-computer to load games with, you can turn shaders off.

-Keep a lot of story involved in your game, whether it be dynamic story scenes, StoryZone scenes, SoundZone voice-overs (the easiest) or whatever, keep it as interactive as possible.

-Make sure you don't make the level a straight line, don't be afraid to add dead-ends. Make the game some-what like a maze (don't make it completely maze-like, just various rooms) and don't make the path so obvious, but make it obvious enough to be fun.

-Buy MP7. You'd be surprised how much it can help with your scenery.

-Ambiance levels can be your enemy. If it is set at zero, WEIRD things can happen. The only real thing I could find was that because the ambiance was low, the enemy's blood splat color turned black or dark red. 25 works nice, but if you want strange blood (and a creeeeeeepy game) set the ambiance low.

-The Pheonix Game Protection (PGP) software can do wonders for your games. You can allow your player to change the graphics settings and you can encrypt your game and safely seal it up so NO ONE can use your material/pirate your material. So, all of your banks will be locked up so they cannot be touched, or even seen. Not to mention it's got a Standard free version, which adds a PGP splash screen (mind you, it lasts for about 10 seconds and adds some obnoxious sound in the meantime) to your game, but that ain't a problem.

I'll build on this as I find out more about FPSC and if you would care to add anything.

==AAAGREEN TIPS==
"if you want shadows, set the ambience level to about 5-10, close fpsc, open both the setup.ini and buildsetup.ini and change lightmapquaility to 20-50, and set lightmaptexsize to 312-512. Save them, open fpsc and:

open the preferences box. If you want:
all static entities to cast a shadow, quick/soft lightmapping
all static entities and segments to cast a shadow, full lightmapping

please note the games will take longer to load"

Your signature has been stolen by a mod BECAUSE IT ROCKS!!!
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
that helps alot thanks

FPS:1
well how many polys do you have there?
MESHCOUNT:10000000000000000000 LOL
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 11:16
if you want shadows, set the ambience level to about 5-10, close fpsc, open both the setup.ini and buildsetup.ini and change lightmapquaility to 20-50, and set lightmaptexsize to 312-512. Save them, open fpsc and:

open the preferences box. If you want:
all static entities to cast a shadow, quick/soft lightmapping
all static entities and segments to cast a shadow, full lightmapping

please note the games will take longer to load.

Call me Alex. Please. OR at least let me change my forum name...
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 11:34
Also, I wouldn't recommend shaders that much, as some people here with low-mid end PC's may not have good enough graphics cards for them....

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 16:35
I suppose, but the shaders do make the game more realistic and more eye-appealing. I think PGP allows you to change the shader options, right?

Hey mods, I liked my siggy!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 16:45
Yeh, but they can look awful when your graphics card sux....

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 19:47
@MeZoFoRtE

umh errr yeah dude what you said....not.

Mabye you should take note that shaders...well ummh the last time we checked it didn't do what is was suppose to do and people suffered greatly with graphical artifacts so yeah shaders on is not a great idea as yet....

ambience?I think I did A lightmapping tutorial a while back and well gee mabye a should revisit it and see if I missed any thing sarcastic pun intended.

You can pretty much set and ambience you want...other than that your lightmapping just needs to be spot on and you can create quite wonderful shadows atmosphere in your levels.

I'm not going to say it again why would you want to change the lightmaptex to 312???Huh did I miss some thing along the way or was it prehaps some one else that sugested that 312 would give better results.Yeah please do follow this noobs advice and change the lightmaptex to any below 312 just to point out that if you do change it shame on you.....I only thing that changing that value is going to bring you is worse graphics...infact you are going to have less softer light maps correct they will be sharp the range of the light source is also smaller...

So yeah go on change it!!

Quote: "-Keep a lot of story involved in your game, whether it be dynamic story scenes, StoryZone scenes, SoundZone voice-overs (the easiest) or whatever, keep it as interactive as possible."
Dude whatever biggest load of rubish...

Quote: "-Make sure you don't make the level a straight line, don't be afraid to add dead-ends. Make the game some-what like a maze (don't make it completely maze-like, just various rooms) and don't make the path so obvious, but make it obvious enough to be fun."
I think level design school starts on monday I will make some calls I'm sure they have a open spot for you.

Quote: "-Buy MP7. You'd be surprised how much it can help with your scenery."
um sure buy every model pack that is out there nothing beats custom graphics

Dude you need to study the program a little closer you might learn something....... you never know.I'm no expert you tell me.

Getting pretty tired of the next John Carmacks of this world.

Oh yeah your decal problem um lets see um pretty sure it's a Zero ambience problem not a engine problem or was it mabye the fact the decals are not taken into account when doing lightmaps and will always be bright or pitch black when using zero ambience...

harsh but that life.......

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 02:55 Edited at: 26th Feb 2008 12:31
Christ, dude! It's a newbie guide, meanning tips for noobs. Oi...

Quote: "Quote: "-Keep a lot of story involved in your game, whether it be dynamic story scenes, StoryZone scenes, SoundZone voice-overs (the easiest) or whatever, keep it as interactive as possible."
Dude whatever biggest load of rubish..."

Oh, crap, sorry, I didn't know story and interactivity were both a BAD THING. So, making the player feels a part of the game is bad? Wow, dude, nice going.

Quote: "Quote: "-Make sure you don't make the level a straight line, don't be afraid to add dead-ends. Make the game some-what like a maze (don't make it completely maze-like, just various rooms) and don't make the path so obvious, but make it obvious enough to be fun."
I think level design school starts on monday I will make some calls I'm sure they have a open spot for you."

Well, maybe my level design skills are terrible. You coulda given me some constructive criticism to work with, rather than a smart-ass sarcastic remark.

Quote: "Quote: "-Buy MP7. You'd be surprised how much it can help with your scenery."
um sure buy every model pack that is out there nothing beats custom graphics"

Again, does the word newbie ring a bell? What newbies to FPSC could create custom media? Dude, read a bit more.

Quote: "Oh yeah your decal problem um lets see um pretty sure it's a Zero ambience problem not a engine problem or was it mabye the fact the decals are not taken into account when doing lightmaps and will always be bright or pitch black when using zero ambience..."

Oh, thanks man, your comment woulda helped if it was a decal problem I was talking about. I was talking about the blood stains, not the decal used when the blood spurts. Shall we sign you back up for 3rd grade for reading lessons?

Oh, and dude, nothing I said had ANYTHING to do with ambiance and shaders in the same topic...

Dude, newbie guide, newbie info.

EDIT: Oh, just because I joined the forum at a late time, doesn't mean I'm an idiot towards FPSC. My good friend Shim Kangrey (Which has been banned for being an idiot and not checking his resources) and I had the EA version. Bought it before MP4 came out. Sure, I didn't use it as much as Shim did, but I know a great deal about it.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 03:51
wizard of id, chill man, he's just trying too help.

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 19:28 Edited at: 26th Feb 2008 19:45
Lol having fun nothing like a bad attack um....Lets start!!!

Quote: "Well, maybe my level design skills are terrible. You coulda given me some constructive criticism to work with, rather than a smart-ass sarcastic remark"
You said it not me...level design skills are terribleWell why are you trying to make a tutorial...gee thanks for saying it I'm just far too polite to say it out loud my self...
Quote: "smart-ass sarcastic remark"
It's in my nature to answer smart noobs the way I do....???

Quote: "constructive criticism"
Sorry DUDE your the one writing the tutorial so your the expert on the subject so I expect it to be correct or have enough info I expect nothing less.??

Quote: "Christ, dude! It's a newbie guide, meanning tips for noobs. Oi..."
Mabye you should read a guide or two your not doing any better your self..??*hint*

Quote: "Again, does the word newbie ring a bell? What newbies to FPSC could create custom media? Dude, read a bit more."
Well dude clearly you have been living under a rock or have a selective reading disorderbecause 70% of the time any feedback that is given has to do with going custom.....

Quote: "Oh, thanks man, your comment woulda helped if it was a decal problem I was talking about. I was talking about the blood stains, not the decal used when the blood spurts. Shall we sign you back up for 3rd grade for reading lessons?"
Umhm ere...blood stain please explain what they are if they are not a 2D
decal...?Again the idiot here to anwser you idiotic question...Because mabye the blood stain appears magically just mabye lightmap calculation were done before the blood stain....er mean overlay appeared....

Quote: "Dude, newbie guide, newbie info."
For newbie,by newbie...

We have a winner.....Step up and recieve your noob award.

Quote: "Shall we sign you back up for 3rd grade for reading lessons"
Please do....I carnt to be reads Engrlish verrie verrie wells...

Um dude who do you think is the great grandaddy of changing the lightmapqaulity in the setup.ini and posting many findings on using higher setting blah blah..??

Oh by the way I have a nice little tutorial called stop being a noob.

And the other one how to beat a noob at his own game...

Quote: "Oh, and dude, nothing I said had ANYTHING to do with ambiance and shaders in the same topic..."
Topic!?,...Gee I am an idiot or you just refered to the whole thread as a topic..??

You need to do better if your planning on winning this.Well I'm pretty relaxed this side of the screen drinking a cold beer eating some snacks waiting for the main feature....

Okay with that said and done.Here is some help if your going to do a level design or any thing relating to levels.You have to be visual and step by step.

You can't go and say yeah buy MP41 it's great you going to have to say why it's great.Show ambience differences show what effects textures what light mapping to use with what textures.

Taken into account your helping noobs or at least trying.One would expect and person entering game development to be at least some what educated in game development basics...So yeah it sounds advance but some of this stuff is game development fundementals to making a great game...ect.So I would expect a tutorial to add good examples...

before you make another mistake and post here...kindly note I will be more than welcome to sink your battle ship if a mod doesn't do it for me...

Pointless Assault video
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 19:52
Right, I'm not taking sides here, but I believe that your statement on Shaders was quite wrong......

I quickly threw together a small room to test them, and although they looked pretty darn good, my FPS was 9-11 ....

Most "newbies" have a PC setup equal to or worse than mine, so shaders aren't really recommended for now.....

Oh, and before you ask:

Geforce 5200,
2.6ghz processor,
1Gb RAM, with 1.5Gb Paging,
Windows XP....

So you see, I don't exactly have a Vista Direct X10 mega machine, but it should do the job for me....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 20:06
@coffee grunt it's a pitty even with the Nvidia 5200 you should be able to run FPSC well unless it a 64bit and 64mb card then you might have some problems mabye even with the 128bit versions.

I do have a super computer...So I can't really say I have a noticeable preformance problem with or without shaders...

With that you proved the point that not every one has a super computer so it not recomended to have shaders on always....

Pointless Assault video
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 21:00
Quote: "Right, I'm not taking sides here, but I believe that your statement on Shaders was quite wrong......

I quickly threw together a small room to test them, and although they looked pretty darn good, my FPS was 9-11 ....

Most "newbies" have a PC setup equal to or worse than mine, so shaders aren't really recommended for now.....

Oh, and before you ask:

Geforce 5200,
2.6ghz processor,
1Gb RAM, with 1.5Gb Paging,
Windows XP....

So you see, I don't exactly have a Vista Direct X10 mega machine, but it should do the job for me...."
Um no offence, but that machine isn't exactly up to par wiht today's games requirements It's not awful, but that would never handle even Quake Wars much less Crysis, COD4 or Bioshock... I never really noticed anything with shaders on so I leave them in the off position.

[img]
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 22:32
Heh, Mr. Wizard, I'm done throwing crap back & forth. I'll just pick on one or two things.

Quote: "Quote: "Well, maybe my level design skills are terrible. You coulda given me some constructive criticism to work with, rather than a smart-ass sarcastic remark"
You said it not me...level design skills are terribleWell why are you trying to make a tutorial...gee thanks for saying it I'm just far too polite to say it out loud my self..."

Oi, I'm making a constructive list of FPSC tips, not a mapping tutorial. Fine, tell me how to make a good map, I'll add it to the list. Done hearing about that.

Quote: "Quote: "Again, does the word newbie ring a bell? What newbies to FPSC could create custom media? Dude, read a bit more."
Well dude clearly you have been living under a rock or have a selective reading disorderbecause 70% of the time any feedback that is given has to do with going custom.....
"

Well, if I could actually understand your retaliation, then I'd give you a response.

Quote: "Quote: "Dude, newbie guide, newbie info."
For newbie,by newbie...

We have a winner.....Step up and recieve your noob award."

Dude...noob to the forum, not a noob to FPSC, what-ever man, I'm sick of these ,"YOUR A NEWB" retaliations.

Quote: "Oh, and dude, nothing I said had ANYTHING to do with
Quote: "ambiance and shaders in the same topic..."
Topic!?,...Gee I am an idiot or you just refered to the whole thread as a topic..??"

Well, hell, you must be! By topic, I meant the same in the same subject. I never mentioned ambiance and shaders together, I mentioned them in separate tips, didn't mention them as a whole.

Quote: "Quote: "Oh, thanks man, your comment woulda helped if it was a decal problem I was talking about. I was talking about the blood stains, not the decal used when the blood spurts. Shall we sign you back up for 3rd grade for reading lessons?"
Umhm ere...blood stain please explain what they are if they are not a 2D
decal...?Again the idiot here to anwser you idiotic question...Because mabye the blood stain appears magically just mabye lightmap calculation were done before the blood stain....er mean overlay appeared...."

Heh, this is fun. Okay...what I mean is when I shoot an enemy near a wall, the blood scorch from the enemy (the one that appears on the wall when you shoot an enemy) is black or dark red. So, not a decal, decals are images that are animated. So, not a decal problem.

Quote: "before you make another mistake and post here...kindly note I will be more than welcome to sink your battle ship if a mod doesn't do it for me..."

How would a mod help? By siding with you and counter-acting me in this debate? Or lock this because of your immense disruption? Enlighten me.

You don't know how hysterical your terrible spelling is. Use a dictionary, man. Or type slowing and stop being so giddy to retaliate. Either give me some help or shut it and end the argument with your next post. Fine, I'm a noob, I don't care. I really don't. 'Course not as powerful as the all-mighty Wizard! Yeah, whatever, I'm about done arguing senselessly.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 22:54
Quote: "Heh, this is fun. Okay...what I mean is when I shoot an enemy near a wall, the blood scorch from the enemy (the one that appears on the wall when you shoot an enemy) is black or dark red. So, not a decal, decals are images that are animated. So, not a decal problem."
Yeah it is fun noob because I said IT IS A OVERLAY NOOB look up the term freakenstein?And read my post again

Quote: "Oi, I'm making a constructive list of FPSC tips, not a mapping tutorial. Fine, tell me how to make a good map, I'll add it to the list. Done hearing about that."
What so that you can take the credit for it...no thanks noob..Besides your the expert??

Quote: "Dude...noob to the forum, not a noob to FPSC, what-ever man, I'm sick of these ,"YOUR A NEWB" retaliations."
Sorry did I hurt your noob feels,noob?

How would a mod help? By siding with you and counter-acting me in this debate? Or lock this because of your immense disruption? Enlighten me.

Quote: "You don't know how hysterical your terrible spelling is. Use a dictionary, man. Or type slowing and stop being so giddy to retaliate. Either give me some help or shut it and end the argument with your next post. Fine, I'm a noob, I don't care. I really don't. 'Course not as powerful as the all-mighty Wizard! Yeah, whatever, I'm about done arguing senselessly"
Yeah I'm you got the all mighty right the part about you being a noob not.Nope the mod is not going to side with me or you instead he is going to lock it??have fun while you can,noob.

Besides I'm not English at all noob I'm afrikaans then zulu and last on the list is english so I really don't care as long as you understand what I'm writing I don't give a rats @$$ about spelling MR perfect..

My arguement is with you your less than correct information your giving people so yeah pretty sure you have no foot that stand on however some points are correct but the are not even your own and was stolen for some where else....

Quote: "Fine, I'm a noob, I don't care. I really don't."
Then why did you bother to post this in the first place it's no help to new people what so ever.

Besides I don't need people to back because I know I'm right?Or do you care to differ....

Yours truly a afrikaans native speaking english.

Ps I don't do a battle of wits with an unarmed man.....

Yeah I'm done with you noob.

Pointless Assault video
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 23:28 Edited at: 27th Feb 2008 02:14
That seems to be your only back-bone, "noob". Pathetic really, you can't come up with something better/more insulting than "noob"? Great, I'm arguing with an illiterate idiot.

Quote: "What so that you can take the credit for it...no thanks noob..Besides your the expert??"

Are you suggesting, even though your a cold bastard, I would steal from you? Your an idiot, I don't steal, as I didn't with Alex's info.

Quote: "My arguement is with you your less than correct information your giving people so yeah pretty sure you have no foot that stand on however some points are correct but the are not even your own and was stolen for some where else...."

Well forgive me for crappy info. BS, my info ain't crap, it's useful. Maybe not to the most experienced FPSC developer, but to noobs. Forgive me for trying to give to the community again. And, again, are you suggesting that I steal my info?! It's idiots like you that throw a stereotype on noobs like the one you've placed on me.

Quote: "Then why did you bother to post this in the first place it's no help to new people what so ever."

Mh-hm. And you know everything about, noobs, huh? 'Course you do. Hell, you know nothing 'bout noobs. Nothing. Apparently, because this is useful info. You could care less though, 'cause your the expert, huh?

What-ever, this is BS. You're full of yourself and need an attitude adjustment.

The FPSC Chat boards, my new-found home!

In memory of my bud, Shim Kangrey, who was too stupid to check his resources.
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 02:05
Ok... I don't want to see you guys get a nice little e-mail from the moderators... So, just take a deep breath and just forget about it.

Wizard of id, it's his guide, you shouldn't be telling him how it should be written. I think this tutorial is good. Just use it as reference, ok? It's what he thinks is good for the tutorial that matters, he wrote it for the newbies, this would be a great start for them. Ok?

MeZoFoRtE, don't get offensive. They just love that(learned that from other forums that I'm not going to mention). Just take it... You'll learn how to deal with it instead of flaming(Or in this case just posting quotes and saying stuff that get's the other person mad and start it over again)

And, it will end up with you two getting possible ban e-mails from the moderators. Ok?

Ok, now with that said, go ahead and keep posting flames at eachother... But heid my words:

And, it will end up with you two getting possible ban e-mails from the moderators.

Good luck.

Click here to see my showcase.
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 02:12 Edited at: 27th Feb 2008 02:13
Kay, sorry, I just hate those types of people. Thanks for the words of reason, I think the both of us needed them. My natural reaction to people like that is to retaliate back, mostly in the manner I have done here. Whatever, it's behind me, now. Thanks again Orrion

I'd like to stay here, it'd be a shame for me and Shim to be banned from here...

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 04:09
Your welcome.

Click here to see my showcase.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 04:35 Edited at: 27th Feb 2008 04:44
Quote: "
I'd like to stay here, it'd be a shame for me and Shim to be banned from here...
"

You wont get banned, newb slapped at most/thread locked. unless you guys are spewing obsinitys from the mouth left and right, i wouldnt know i didnt read the entire thread. Either way, stop the bickering. And Mezo, for future reference if someone trys to start stuff with you in a thread and it gets you steamed. you have 3 choices.

1. get angry and retaliate
2. email a mod and ask to delete that post
3. Entirely ignore it and move on with you're life

You pick which one appeals to you

EDIT

Wow after reading all this, i lost the remaining respect i had for WoID, just wow. Lower yourself even lower than dirt WoID. Flame someone who hasnt been on the forums over 3 months, and is just trying to help

Want a forum flaming badge or something? cause you sure seem determined to put this guy down.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 14:26 Edited at: 27th Feb 2008 14:28
"You've got a lot of repressed feelings, don't you, Friday?
That must be what keeps your hair up." -- Tom Hanks / Dragnet

How did a thread start with such good intentions, go so bad?
Someone took a Hillary pill. Shame! Shame!

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 18:25 Edited at: 27th Feb 2008 18:27
Yay great success!!

@Bloodeath 6 6 6 remaining respect?? *nice*

No seriously.Well put it this way I did a thread a while back on level design and if I remember correctly you had a large mouth.So did the rest of you.I felt obligated to return afavour.

Besides I do have a problem with some one trying todo a tutorial that knows nothing about the program yet doesn't even have the correct info.Yet I gave him the correct info and ignored it.

I don't feel the least bit guilty for attacking him I would have left it there if he had the correct info at least.It's not a question about being right or wrong.I find wrong that people kindly accept half correct info.

So I did go overboard.Think of it this way if I kindly corrected him just think what cocky remarks I would have gotten any case.

I love it people get personal and so defensive I love it...

So yeah I am the black sheep I don't mind being it.I just hope this noob in future does proper research before posting random facts.....

Yeah I will call you a newbie till you prove me other wise.

But let there come some good out of this.If this thread is open by then or the mod deleted some posts which might happen quite suprised they haven't yet wonder why??

I will assist in posting a step by step guide you can use.

Pointless Assault video
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 22:50
@ MeZo: I (yes, flame me; I don't care) agree with WoI on the whole "new person" thing; if you don't know much about the progrsm, then I recommend you get to know it a bit more 'til you're ready to do a real tutorial.

@ WoI: Man! I've never seen such nastiness on here. He's new, but if he wants to do a guide, then let him. Don't be so anti-noob.

MeZo, I praise you for trying to make your own guide. I found it to be somewhat helpful, but still. Learn FPSC more, and you'll get used to it. I've been on another forum where behavior like WoI's was directed at me. I was the one who got banned, thank goodness. That place was total hell.

Kiss and make up; I'd hate to see a veteran and a newcomer get banned due to an argument on a game dev forum. I mean, COME ON!!
With a flame-retardant suit on,
~AI

Kola
A game set during the second Cold War
Coming Q3 2009
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 22:59
Kay, maybe I jumped into making a guide too soon. What-ever, it was a sketchy idea, but I had no idea I would receive such a reaction. Oh well, won't ruin my enthusiasm. Mods, if you will, lock this, but leave the posts, if at all possible.

Mixed reactions, here...

All due respect to all of you,
==MeZo

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 23:06
I liked it

[img]
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 02:52
Quote: "@ WoI: Man! I've never seen such nastiness on here. He's new, but if he wants to do a guide, then let him. Don't be so anti-noob."
Sure!!!No problem

@MeZoFoRtE Good luck!!!

Pointless Assault video
Kill Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 07:40
Hello Fellow Creators,

I don't think that the Mods should lock this thread at all. I am a NooB doesn't make me shudder at all nor should it anyone new at FPSC. I Think that Mezo had the right idea in a beginner tutorial. I have yet to see a completed level let alone game from wizard of id. We are all here to create entertainment for our users. Just look at the BOTB we have some very creative talent on our board. Mezo just take this all in stride. Do the best you can I feel as though you put out some good points. I am new to this board and can't wait to post my first level for all to critique. In fact Mods someday I hope to join your ranks. Playing games is fun, but making great games if Fantastic. Keep it up All!!!

KillShadow

Stop Drop and Roll works on everything but HELLFIRE!!!!
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 08:06 Edited at: 28th Feb 2008 14:59
K
Quote: "ay, maybe I jumped into making a guide too soon. What-ever,"

i actually agree with you're guide, 110%

EDIT, when i seen this i instantly thought of you WoID...
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/g/banners/117.jpg

Death has no end
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 18:39 Edited at: 28th Feb 2008 19:11
Quote: "I don't think that the Mods should lock this thread at all. I am a NooB doesn't make me shudder at all nor should it anyone new at FPSC. I Think that Mezo had the right idea in a beginner tutorial. I have yet to see a completed level let alone game from wizard of id. We are all here to create entertainment for our users. Just look at the BOTB we have some very creative talent on our board"

Clearly you don't want to be called a noob do you?.Well there is another Pointless Assault thread 2 or 3 pages back on the showcase forum which was locked on my request.

Then of course you missed the 4 demos in that thread.You also missed the FPSC guide which is still in progress due to real life is delayed that includes X9 and X10 and is over 700pages and 4 DVD's of tutorial video's and 2 gig's worth of segments models textures ect...??

Then of course you missed pointless assault appearing on the PCF cover disk awhile back as well or perhaps due to a lawyer and a non-disclosure Agreement a multiplayer game appearing on a multi game disk which you should see at a bestbuy near you...

Or mabye the 100 emails I have recieved regrading lightmapping...ect

Talent yeah your right I got none of the above....!!Sarcastic pun intended.

Shame BOTB game??Well keithc send an email a while back when it first started....funny don't you think.I kindly declined the offer motivated that I was not happy with the end result and would wait for FPSC X10...Then I will contact him.

Dude please do some reseach...Just shows how little you know about me....

One word comes to mind OOOOPS!!!!

Oh yeah before I forget the new X10 Pointless assault demo game will appear on PCF again....

@edit
@Bloodeath 6 6 6

Yo dude just to inform you that you had some thing good to say in that thread my bad sorry!!!

Pointless Assault video
Kill Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 05:27
Hey Wiz of Id,

I just went back a couple of years and read all your threads and looked at your level design for pointless assault. It is very good. Did you ever release it as a demo? I couldn't find it if you did or are just completing it in X10. It definately shows that you have talent and you are no longer a Noob Don't take what I said as insulting though. I am gonna be looking for your games release. You have to remember you started as a noob too so there ya go. Happy creating and looking forward to hearing from you.

KillShadow

Stop Drop and Roll works on everything but HELLFIRE!!!!
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 05:50
Its ok WoID, just dont let it happen again. Jk.

Death has no end
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 14:04
Quote: "Um no offence, but that machine isn't exactly up to par wiht today's games requirements It's not awful, but that would never handle even Quake Wars much less Crysis, COD4 or Bioshock..."

I have my 360 Elite for those, I'm a PC creator, console gamer.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:28:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:28:17