Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [C++ Express] Errors Creating an Expansion DLL *long post*

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to migrate my existing engine's DLL code to use some DarkGDK functions.

I've tried creating the dll with Entry point of DllMain(....) because my DLL performs some internal setups. This, of course, did not work.

So then I tried using the Constructor()/Destructor()/ReceiveCoreDataPtr() functions as the Help file suggests.
Again, this don't work.

I have a slew of problems that arise - especially in DEBUG build mode.

The following code snippet shows the errors I'm getting in DEBUG build.

Here is my command line for the compiler and linker (DEBUG):

And this code snippet shows the errors I'm getting in RELEASE build.

Here is my Command Line for the Compiler and Linker (RELEASE):

Now, I've done research and found that you can not include Debug and Non-Debug Runtimes in a dll unless the non-debug version is provided by a dll. All I seem to have are static .lib files - no dll's at all for Dark GDK. Does that sound right? If I've got them somewhere, where would they be (and what are the names).

If I don't - I've done file searches for .DLL equivalents of the .lib files that GDK is using via #pragma comment (lib) - how do I get ahold of the Debug version of the static libs?

I realize that usually source code is required to assist in such matters; however, the size of this engine is 40-some Source files and 50-some Headers. Not something we'd want posted in a forum...

Can somebody please try to give me some direction in this matter?

Regards,
JHeikkilaJr

P.S. - I'd like to also point out that I considered placing this post in the DLL forum, but that appears to be primarily BASIC support (not C++).

P.S.S. - I'd also like to mention that I looked into DBPPluginSDK; but that won't work for me as I don't have the DLL files - at least not the one he's using...

Thanks again.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 13:56
I think you will find that DarkGDK is Designed to prevent this. Having a DarkGDK APP Use you Engine is more doable than the other way around.

Jumpster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 17:55 Edited at: 28th Feb 2008 18:16
Let me get this straight:

My Game uses My Game Engine.
My Game also uses GDK.
My Game Engine uses GDK

Portions of My Game Engine uses the GDK.

Thus the following diagram:

Am I to understand that this can't be done? Somehow, this doesn't seem right. The snippet below illustrates my predictament.

Edit: I guess keywords are case-sensitive...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:33:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:33:12