Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Video/image Capture of my game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I know this si probably a stupid question but is there a way in code to have it capture a video of game play, or screenshots, with out using an outside application that would take up even more memory. I have several I have used in the past and all they seem to do is slow down the PC drasticly when I am capturing. if I could do it in code it could be much faster I think.

Thanks,
Terry
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2008 17:39
Create a low resolution second bitmap, and every few frames, copy the screen onto it (it should automatically scale down if you specify the locations on each). Save this bitmap with a number one more than the previous bitmap, as a .png or .jpg (as long as it has good compression). Then, if you have animation shop, you can just create a new animation from the set of images, or you can write a program using the animation plugin on these forums somewhere (search), that takes all the images, and creates an animation out of them.

Epipfany Game Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
awsome Thanks

Thanks,
Terry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:27:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:27:01