Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Am I Just Imagining this or am I missing something....DBPro Question...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2003 13:26 Edited at: 28th Jun 2003 13:28
Ok, I load a bitmap into db pro, get an image off it and paste it as a sprite but unless the image width and height are of equal value, the sprite image appears blocky and somewhat distorted. Like I have an animation frame for a character which is 16x27 with 4 walking frames. When I get image and paste it as a sprite at 16x27 it looks bad. Then out of curiousity I went and pasted that same image on a 27x27 canvas keeping the original sprite size in paint shop pro and loaded it back in and it appeared perfectly fine. What gives with this? Anyone experience this before? By the way, when I used the get image command I added a 1 at the end like this get image a,left,top,right,bottom,1 sorta how you would do with load image and it had a very very very slight effect on it but still looked like crap. So thats a no go........hmmmmm.... :-s

dlefik79
Years of Service
User Offline
And just to add, I use DB V1 as well and used the same image and it appeared perfectly normally there, ...so its not my image....

CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2003 04:13
I have alot of trouble with loaded bitmaps looking blurry, but loading images they look much better. I don't know if it helps you but it does for my computer.
CTP
Megaman X Gold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2003 16:32 Edited at: 29th Jun 2003 16:34
When I use "create animated sprite" and make my animations that way with my bitmap images, the same effect that you're describing occurs. And "size sprite" given the same sprite number used in "create animated sprite" has no effect. I even tried using the size 2x2 and it didn't change the sprite's size at all.

I'm using DarkBASIC Pro.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:53:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:53:31