Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbLoadImage and dbLoadBitmap

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to load a picture as the backdrop and I try to use both command dbLoadImage and
dbLoadBitmap

I have a bitmap file to use as the backdrop

dbLoadImage : The picture that is shown to screen has lost the resolution

dbLoadBitmap : The picture that is shown to screen is perfect but I cann't move it by dbSprite

For my purpose, I want to load a picture as the backdrop and I want to load a picture as the mask,
the backdrop is covered by the mask, I have used dbSetImageColoyKey for the mask is transparent

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
code
dbSetImageColorKey( 255, 0, 255 ); //ColorKey for pink color

dbLoadImage( "backdrop.bmp", ID_BACKDROP_IMAGE );
dbLoadImage("frame.bmp", ID_FRAME_IMAGE );

dbSprite( ID_SPRITE_BACKDROP, 0, 0, ID_BACKDROP_IMAGE );
dbSprite( ID_SPRITE_FRAME, 0, 0, ID_FRAME_IMAGE );

these codes are good but they have lost their resolution
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

code
dbSetImageColorKey( 255, 0, 255 ); //ColorKey for pink color

dbLoadBitmap( "backdrop.bmp" );
dbLoadBitmap( "frame.bmp" );

these codes are bad, the ColorKey is not working for dbLoadBitmap (Why?) and I cannot move
the backdrop by dbSprite..

For my thinking...

The mask cannot to be the bitmap because it is not working with dbSetImageColoyKey and dbSprite
The mask must be the Image because it is working with dbSetImageColorKey and dbSprite
but it will has lost its resolution

The backdrop cannot be the image because it will lost its resolution
The backdrop must be the bitmap because it will show perfectly on screen but I will not move it by dbSprite

what are the difference between dbLoadBitmap and dbLoadImage
I just want to make a little strategy game screen and move it with the mouse.....

what should I do?
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 12:35
Quote: "The backdrop cannot be the image because it will lost its resolution"

From DGDK docs:

Quote: "Texture Flag of one will preserve the image without adding mipmaps, scaling or filtering and so retaining its pixel perfect quality. "

Quote: "what should I do?"

Perhaps you should squeeze the docs
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 05:09
@Can I use VC++ 6 with Dark GDK - Curious... how long did it take you to think up your ALIAS?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:31:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:31:37