Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / trying to make my own camera - Help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to make my own camera like DBPro's cameras, but i don't think i'm doing it right. I know, what's the point of trying to make your own if you already have the Built in once? well, i wanted to see if locking an object to the camera, will also affect my custom camera or if it's just the way DirectX works. here is my code

thank you for any advice and support

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 18:27
I'd recommend you get a directx sample app working with that code firat and then port it to DarkGDK once you iron out "Good" versus "Bad" DirectX code. Otherwise you're chasing your tail because it'll be hard to know if its something you are doing wrong with DirectX or something wrong with how you are talking to DarkGDK - or.... something MAY be hosed in DarkGDK - a bug! .... (Naw.... Never happen! )

david w
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 21:26
I can help you with this is you like?
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 00:39
@jason - its not a bug... its a "undocumented feature"

Niels Henriksen
Working on a (MMO)RPG right now in LightEngine (thanks kBessa)
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 00:50
LOL, I'd say an "un-feature", if it does not add a thing but bugs

But Jason is right, do it without DGDK, just pure DirectX, and when you have it working, change what is needed for DGDK. I did this while developing LightTextDX.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:31:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:31:02