Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Function Not Found In Dll?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I created a Dll for DBP that was working fine. Then I added a new function to the Dll and now when I compile my DBP exe it compiles and run but as soon as the program executes I get an error saying. "Could not find function 'GetCameraUp' in 14:TempestEditor.dll" I had this problem once before with a different function. Stating it couldn't find the function in 31:TempestEditor.dll, I noticed the number changed this time and by renaming the dll and namespace inside the dll seemed to fix it but I guess only temporarily. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows how to fix it or could at least tell me what the main cause of this problem is.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 09:02
Usually that error means either the function isn't exported, or the name specified in the string table is wrong. I'm not sure how namespaces can affect it though.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 14:18
The exported name changes if you:
- Change the function name (duh!)
- Change the namespace the function is declared in
- Change the argument types (either by type or by adding/removing)

That's why I generally don't use mangled names myself any more.

ZKAT8IT
Years of Service
User Offline
I've checked the string table and the assembly of the dll and everything is there and properly working. I've even rearranged the order the functions were exported and the problem still occurs so it's not just the fact that I added a function.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 18:25
If you make a mistake anywhere in the stringtable, that command, and all commands after it will cause an error Make sure you didn't break any of the other string table entries

ZKAT8IT
Years of Service
User Offline
It's not the string table, for some reason renaming the namespace and dll name fixes this problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 03:32:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 03:32:59