Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Play sound from a different location

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey my problem is this...

I want it so that when i go to a trigger (or sound) zone a sound is played but from somewhere else. This can be explained better by an example. I walk into a room and walk through a trigger/sound zone. A sound is played saying 'Put your hands up and drop your weapon. We will shoot'. This sound comes from a room nearby where there are 2 police entities.

Usually when i use a sound zone it works but it seems like its coming from me. I want to to come from that room i.e. the sound is played at the location of the 2 entities.

Is this possible? And how do I do it? Sorry if this has been asked before because i cant seem to find it I did a search... unfortunetely i dunno how to say what I did in a few words so i didn't know what exactly this is called hehe.

Thanks! waiting for your reply!
Molten Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
No One?
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 13:42
Quote: "12:20 12:37
No One? "

Bit impatient are we? Well, this is a scripting question......

Give a random entity that you want to play the sound this script,(a dynamic barrel or something):

And activate it via a triggerzone, make sure the noise is loud though, as it will be quiter as you move further away from the source....

Molten Ice
Years of Service
User Offline
oh thanks... that was a quick reply!

So, should I put this as the 'main' script for an entity (a dynamic piece of rock or something) and then make sound0 as the .ogg file I want to be played? wow! seems simple thanks!

Is there a way to make it come out of a person by any chance? or do I simply have to make it as an object next to the person so it seems like it came from the person?

Thanks again for the quick reply!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 16:44
Quote: "or do I simply have to make it as an object next to the person so it seems like it came from the person?"

Yeh, that one.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:25:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:25:17