Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / muzzle flash white square?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i got lazy and bought the model pack 9 for some guns but the semi autos when i shoot them all i get is a white bunch of white squares that take up half the screen help plz.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 15:08
Just update your DirectX drivers to November 2007 or higher, then reinstall MP9 and update FPSC. Come back if it still has white squares.

You people who're buying MP 9 & 10 make me a tad bit jealous. I don't have much money, and that's what I need to make my game.

NEXTGEN
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks but i have dial up and it takes forever but i got my new alienware coming on the 5th i thought it was my graphics card or somthin im usin a laptop and it realy needs to be wiped clean and start all over
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 21:06
Quote: "You people who're buying MP 9 & 10 make me a tad bit jealous. I don't have much money, and that's what I need to make my game."

Wait a month, and you'll have the new "Game Creator Store" integrated into the engine.
Then you can buy each item individually with the points you purchase.
Check the Models & Media forum's stickies for more details.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 01:55
I'd rather buy a whole MP with $20 rather than spending money on points. Maybe they can have 20 TGC points equal $20, and we can have the option to make a donation...

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 02:05
NEXTGEN, when the gun can't find it's muzzleflash it'll leave the flash object untextured. making it appear as a white square. THe same goes for the smoke caused by the gun.

If I were you, I'd re-install the pack.

open one of the gun's gunspec files :
you can find it in - files\gamecore\guns\model pack 9\GUNNAMEHERE\gunspec.txt

(you need to replace GUNNAMEHERE with the name of one of the guns.

back up the gunspec, and the replace the following fields with the supplied text:

muzzleflash=1
smoke=1

if you still get white squares, then it's not a problem with the pack, but your FPSC version.

if the white squares are gone, then it's a problem with the gunspec not specifying an existing flash/smoke image

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 03:47
Adding on to what Butters has said:

Some muzzle flashes can be permitted an irregular ending, such as Y7 or 897. They are recognized by the suffix, not the order they are in in the folder. So, if you want a muzzle flash to be flash63, you'd change the gunspec field:

muzzleflash = 63

I just thought I'd add that, cause it was a problem for me. And now if all this doesn't work, your computer may not be able to read the flash image.

The FPSC Chat boards, my new-found home!

In memory of my bud, Shim Kangrey, who was too stupid to check his resources.
NEXTGEN
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for all your help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:31:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:31:38