Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / *Problems Debuging Standerd "Dark GDK - Game" Template*

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, im new to Dark GDK.

I did everything I was supposed to.

1) Installed VC++ 2008 Express Edition(C:/)
2) Installed DX9 SDK(D:/)
3) Installed Dark GDK(D:/)

I have my VC++ Directories for all (lib,bin,include) in this order.
1. Microsoft Visual C++ Platform SDK
2. DirectX9 SDK
3. Dark GDK(was already added to the list after install of Dark-GDK).

I did as I was told for creating a template around Dark-GDK, File > New Project > Wizards > "Dark GDK - Game".

I compiled 0 errors 0 warnings.

However, when I "Start without debugging", I get this:
1>basic3D.lib(DBOMesh.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _D3DXCleanMesh@24 referenced in function "bool __cdecl MakeLODMeshFromMesh(struct sMesh *,int,struct sMesh * *)" (?MakeLODMeshFromMesh@@YA_NPAUsMesh@@HPAPAU1@@Z)

And theres only 2 things on google that dont work, so please help! Im close to getting this to work!

<Sig Here>
Teln3t
Years of Service
User Offline
Nobody can help me? This has to be fixable

<Sig Here>
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 15:14
I've only received errors like that when I forgot to include the "DarkGDK.h" in my main cpp file or something. Usually from removing a "Main.cpp" and trying to compile without one mistakenly.

I Would compare my DEBUG Project properties against Release Project Properties, and make any changes I THOUGHT might cause that problem....

I start in C/C++ General->Input ... then I check Linker->Input.

But I seriously suspect an include ... sometimes I get errors like that if I include one of my source header files before a darkgdk.h one. I tend to put #include <DarkGDK.h> first in my source files. Usually in just my *.h... but not always... I'm no guru on C++ linking logic, however this is an attempt to give you some ideas.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:35:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:35:59