Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / More Realistic Games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering, how would you make:

-waterfalls?

-change around the sounds to quite some of the other sprite water sounds?

-change the explosions to the sprite pack 1 or link a decal explosion to an object and have it explode when it is destroyed and stop being used?

-change when the bullets hit certain things like water to make a splash?

-When stepping in water to make ripples using the sprite pack 1?

To anyone that can help me with any of those, thanks
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 18:23
Waterfalls, you could use decals, you can make an object explode using a script. The last two could probably be done by buy DBPro and editing the FPSC Engine.

Keep-me-laughing.com Rocks!!! Lets all go to codeshare.co.nr!!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 18:31
Quote: "-waterfalls?"

Go to http://www.fpsfree.com, there's a waterfall decal set there...

Quote: "-change around the sounds to quite some of the other sprite water sounds?"

Find the water sound FX in audiobank, i think it's called fountainhum.wav, then google "audacity", download it, then open the sound FX in Audacity and lower it's volume.....

Quote: "-change the explosions to the sprite pack 1 or link a decal explosion to an object and have it explode when it is destroyed and stop being used?
"

first part is impossible, second part is possible via scripting, but the entity would need to be immobile...

Quote: "-change when the bullets hit certain things like water to make a splash?"

Put an invisible entity under the waters surface, then open it's .fpe in notepad, and set it's decal1 to the name og the water impact decal....

Quote: "-When stepping in water to make ripples using the sprite pack 1?"

Not possible, as water is a decal, it has no collision, hence my answer to the bullets....

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 19:00 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2008 19:01
Quote: "first part is impossible"

You can apply whatever explosion decal you like to any object and amend those already assigned to things.

Quote: "Not possible, as water is a decal, it has no collision, hence my answer to the bullets...."

Place triggerzones and water decals in the water and use decal activate script to ensure the decals spawn as player passes through.

You'll be restricted to playing the ripple effect either once or constantly after activated though.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 19:11
Quote: "You can apply whatever explosion decal you like to any object and amend those already assigned to things."

It's been tried, the decal is somehow hard-coded into the engine...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:27:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:27:41