Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Shaders Broken?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all, I seem to be having a problem with Shaders. I coded up a test program to check out this Shader I made in FX Composer by Nvidia. When I apply the Shader, my object disappears here is my code, come someone help me out?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 19:44
I play with shaders and I never used:

I've also experienced what you describe porting DBPRO shader demos to DarkGDK... Like I like Green Gandalf's Shaders. Evolved's are good... but he's not around - and Green Gandalf is a live person I can talk to. Therefore I'm more apt to use his stuff. Personal Preference.

So... I like to take Green Gandalf's (and Visigoths also...Can't Forget Cucumber's Sky Shader) and port them to DarkGDK and experiment like you are doing.

I found some shaders just go black, sometimes not. Even Green Gandalfs. Half the time its my fault, half the time I think either GFX card differences, or DarkGDK/DBPro differences. I try not to get to worked up over it and just hack and play and hack and play.

I can see why some guys spend alot of time with shaders. They are fun to hack at... because you think REALLY HARD... (if hand coding) on how to twist, modify, change , smear pixels going through a "pixel pipeline" and you need to figure out logic based on a only a few things... and then step back and watch your "mini program"'s logic run zillions of times a second - and see how your logic "Painted the scene".

Addicting little buggers.

Firos12
Years of Service
User Offline
So it's this command causing the problem?

I also read on a different forum, that the free version of DarkGDK doesn't support shaders, is this true?
Firos12
Years of Service
User Offline
Where can I find Green Gandalf's shaders?
J_C
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys
If you look in your DarkGDK directory there is a directory named
Tutorials
in there are 2 folders
Shaders - Beginner
Shaders - Advanced
With PDF documents and projects to compile.

enjoy...
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 21:14
@Firos -
Quote: "So it's this command causing the problem?"

I don't know. I just know I've some success and I never saw that before.

Quote: "Where can I find Green Gandalf's shaders?"
He has a habit of releasing them MID thread in various locations. I'd start in the DBPro Forum and Look for the SHADER threads. Albeit from that - Google his Name. Other guys I know are good are: Visigoth, CuCumBer, Evolved, and there are definately more. I like green Gandalf's and Visigoth's (not so many released but) because they do ALOT in NOT MUCH CODE. Visigoth inparticular likes to think the floaw through to make it as fast as possible. Green Gandalfs are always hot looking and EASY to tweak. He has as easy to follow style.

Its worth Googling.

@J_C - Thanx... those might help alot - however so FAR I've had a alot of luck just:
1:Load Effect
2:Load Object
3:Set Object Effect
(4: maybe send a couple values to the shader via a vector3 or Vector4)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:25:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:25:31