Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbo and dbu files, no texture?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have used a dbo file along with its dbu and light maps in dbpro and it worked fine.

Now I want to have a go with dark gdk but I am having a problem that the texture is missing. I can see the shape but only shades of grey.

Please can you help an aged person?

uff
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 13:53
The only thing I can think of, off the top of my head is that the textures are not in the directory where thet are supposed to be i.e. same as the model.

Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.
old man
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the thought monotonic.

The three files are all in the same folder as the c++.

They came from fpsc, and as I said they worked fine in dbpro.

I can get other meshes to work fine with the textures, is there anything odd about dbu files in gdk?

uff
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 19:25
dbu? Hmm. Are you running the app from within the compiler or trying to run the compiled exe?

If the later... copy the EXE out of the "debug" or "Release" directory to the directory JUST above (the parent directory.. usually where your source code is.) Try running from there.

old man
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Jason.

I am still at the debug stage.

I have the dbo, dbu, and light map in the same folder as the source code.

I have tried putting the dbo, dbu and light map in the containing folder to no avail.

Am I missing something obvious here? Should the files be declared in the project? I know nothing about c++ having come from the Fortran -> vb route and the project construction is a mistery to me!

uff
old man
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all

Having trawled through the board I now see that I need to include the textures from the fpsc output, (in texturebank).

I copied these into the same folder as the c++ project and I am away!

It looks like you do not need the dbu file in GDK, just the textures that are used in the .dbo

Thanks for the help, it looks like I will need lots more!

uff

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:20:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:20:18