Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK on VS2008 Professional

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi , i got Visual Studio 2008 Professional and im trying to install darkGDK with no luck , is there a way to get darkGDK to work on the pro version of VS2008 or that its built only for the express version ? , thanks ..
#RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
any1?
ZbfZ
Years of Service
User Offline
im pretty sure it works, in some cases (mine) i had to go to the options in c++ and then locate the dirctorys and lib's for the dark gdk, or is it just not installing? but if it installed, go to ur start menu and where ever it is saved and then read the instalation guide, should help
#RisTar
Years of Service
User Offline
when im installing the darkGDK file its extracting a new installation file and when im trying to install the new one its says that in order to install darkGDK i need a VC++ 2008 Express Edition compiler and that it can't find it . i do get the option to install anyway , but im not sure that its a good idea ...
do you think that you can explain to me in more details how to get into the c++ options and locate the directorys in order to make darkGDK work ? ,
Thanks .
ZbfZ
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm....take a look at the attachment its got a dl linnk to the complier, and some other helpful troubleshooters, hope this helps

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 05:13
Personally - With all game creator stuff...

#1 - I go with defaults
#2 - I started over from Scratch to get mine working, and there are possibly still some install bug especially with non-english version of the setup wizard etc etc. (SO I've read...in english! LOL) This includes revoing ALL DirectX, ALL C++ Compilers, All Microsoft SDKS... and following the driections verbatum.

Did all that and still doesn't Work... Well OBVIOUSLY You Screwed UP! (Just kidding took me three times I think... a day of fussing about until I opened VS2008, tried a "New DarkGDK wizard thingy" and LOW and BEHOLD... IT WORKED!!!!)

So hang in there and give it a whirl. The GOOD news is once its running right... it seems to stay running right.

Good Luck.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:24:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:24:41