Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Using Dark GDK with CLR managed types ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

First excuse me for my poor English, and for being as noob too...

Is there a way to use both Dark GDK and CLR types in VS C++ 2008 ?

I tried to change some projetc properties, start from the DGDK wizards, start from the VS console wizard... All I get is linker errors when I try to add references... Is it impossible to use dll like System, etc. with Dark GDK ?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2008 21:27
DarkGDK Owns WinMain. You want to mix managed and unmanaged code - technically you should be able to, however you will need to hunt through this forum a bit to find linker problems and solutions. There are alot buried in here...google is your friend!

Paracelse
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your help,

for sure I tried Goggle, but each time I resolve a Linker issue, several others appear...

I wonder if I am the only one trying to use CLR objects with Dark GDK ? Is that possible ..?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 15:07
Yes. I think its very possible. Not only that - I think people will hound you for a tutorial when you pull it off! And I would be surprised if you pulled it off.

Depending on what your doing, others including myself, have toyed (or succeeded) with have two apps going, and some form of intercommunication.. to avoid the managed code thing.

Writing on the wall normally would seem so say it can't be done but the product is too yound, varying skill sets in these hills, and I don't know that anyone has REALLY given it a go.

So... Linking issues... I knew would be a nightmare. I'm curious if a dll or com object (compiled separately of course) would aid you if these issues don't go away. That could be a roundabout way to meet your end but it might work.

don't get dicouraged though in general because there are alot of uphill battles with this library and yet the stuff it provides, when you get them all playing together is pretty impressive and for game programming is pretty RAPID considering alternatives out there.... which there are a few good alternatives, but either the Price is much higher, or they cover only a few key bases where TGC seems to cover most of the media gambit - so your sound, gfx, music, physics, etc are all accessible from one place.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:31:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:31:20