Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / can you use BlueGUI v2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
can you use BlueGUI v2 with Dark gdk? this looks like what i need but can you use it with Dark Gdk?
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 12:18
I'm affraid you can't use BlueGUI with the GDK. I believe there are some GUI libraries on these forums, that can be used with the GDK or you could look into using the Win32 API directy. I too would like to see BlueGUI for the GDK, because using the Win32 API is easy enough but is very long winded.

Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 16:53
WAYYYYY Long winded! and I think you need PRO VS2008 to get C++ forms... I was told this is not the case with C# though... (Was told I was wrong actually) So I suppose I could be wrong here too.

I think we need a system like the Irrlicht GUI! It's like using OldSchool Visual Basic... but on your Game Screen! Drag, draw, drop controls, etc.

Then you make em transparent or whatever, the mouse works... just works... We something like that... that just works!

there is a free one... but its windows outside kinda... so a full screen DarkGDK app - well... You out of luck I'm pretty sure.

I'm considering writing my own due to this quandry.... but having been coding as long as I have and having written a few already in various flavors of operating system and languages... I'm not under the delusion that - Oh that's easy - CRANK it out over the weekend LOL. (Never gonna happen like that...and be anygood)

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 17:16 Edited at: 7th Mar 2008 17:19
Quote: "I was told this is not the case with C# though"

Yeah, you only get the resource editor in the pro version of 2008, and because C# is built around WinForms so to speak you get the editor with C#.

In .NET it's just drag-and-drop, assign event handlers and then stick your code in them, sooooo much nicer. That is why I'm eagerly awaiting GDK.NET, so I can start building my map editor.

<Just read previous post properly>

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 17:41
LOL - I can't figure out how I may have read it improperly... a definate sign I probably DID!

Regardless - I have so much C++ code - mixing managed + unmanaged... ugh.. no thanx... Don't blame ya for waiting for C#.

I'm sticking it out in C++ ... I'm commited.... soon to be COMMITTED for REAL! LOL

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 17:46 Edited at: 7th Mar 2008 17:46
No, no I read your post wrong. that's why I edited mine, I need new eyes

I would like to use C# for the engine, but.... I can't see the plug-ins getting ported over anytime soon. And I could really do with the physics and AI pretty much straight away, so it's C++ for the engine and C# for the editor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:15:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:15:41