Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Dark Shader and FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 11:06
Is Dark Shader from TGC compatible with FPSC X9 and/or FPSC X10?

I haven't seen any talk on this excact subject by doing a search.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 11:15
From my understanding, Dark Shader was meant to be used in DBP in the form of code.

The shaders made by / coming with Dark Shader, I am not sure if they would work as is in FPSC.

I suppose it'd be worth a shot by someone who owns the software.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 13:26
I got the software, and I don't think it's possible.

Certainly the Full screen shaders won't work (they'd kill your Framerate of they did.)

The object shaders MAY work, but I think it won't find the assosciated files needed to shade the character.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 14:57
Ok, thanks for the answers so far!

Do you need to learn HLSL to make FPSC shaders then or are there other "easy" tools?
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 19:04 Edited at: 7th Mar 2008 19:05
HLSL is neccessary to understand the script/code within a shader, but youcan't just go whapping any old HLSL shader into FPSC.

DBpro (and consequently FPSC) needs the syntax and formatting of the shader code to presented in a certain way in order for it to work.

For more information I'd advise reading some of the documentation on the DB boards about making shaders. You will be able to get alot of help there. There is a nice manual with DarkShader that explains some of the Key HLSL commands, but I'm not sure if I can post the manual here, as it is part of the DarkShader package (and therfore is probably protected by the licence.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 17:24:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 17:24:53