Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / HELP on music

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i am what you say a NoOb to dark basic program. i actully use it at school, so i need alot of assistance help i need. i want to know how you add your own music in there? i have done everthing but it still wont work, i added the song into the folder that i want to use but it still wont work. this is the command i put it

REM load song Beetoven
load music \"bee.mid\",1

REM play song Beetoven
play music 1

i named Beetoven \"bee\" for short

this is all type in into a testing folder to see if it works but it still doesent work. i also used the music that the program gives you and that music works. please email me or post here to please give me the answer to this!

also after i enter this it sends me back to the code and at the bottom it says \"syntax. cannot load music\"
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2008 13:06 Edited at: 8th Mar 2008 13:08
How about you try

Load music "bee.mid",1

Also, make sure the "bee.mid" song is in the same folder as the executable.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Redstar
Years of Service
User Offline
i did, i dont know why it has that / on it

i put

load music "bee.mid",1

and it still wont load, i trully do not add that slash \ on there when i was typing this.

and yes the music is also in the same folder
DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 01:45
I don't think DBPro support .MID files, Let me check... ...looking... ...found it ok it says it supports Midi and mp3 so if .mid means midi which I am assuming it does you music file is corrupt. Can you play it outside of DBPro?

I'm Pro grammer.
Redstar
Years of Service
User Offline
i actully use dark basic with i think is the same

yes it is a MIDI file, i only use it at school, i am trying very hard to get it at home at the moment.

also i can play it out of DB
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 02:43
Are you quite certain that the file name is bee.mid, or did you accidentally lose the extension when you renamed the file?
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 14:49
Redstar, I'm not sure if you're using DBClassic or DBPro, so this may not apply. If you're using DBC 1.13, when you try and load the midi are you getting the message "Runtime Error: Unable to Load Music at Line..."?

If so then it's a problem with DarkBasic. I found that the V1.13 Enhancment Patch trial worked fine, but when I got the Full version I lost my ability to work with Midi music. V1.20 partially corrected that, but if you play a Midi track a seocnd time then the program locks for a second or two.

If you weant to get aroun d this, you basically have three options:
1) Find a Midi to Mp3 converter (let me know if you find a good one that's free, I've been after one for a while)

2) Wait for DBC V1.20 to be re-released (it had to be taken down due to 'technical difficulties')

3)http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=112225&b=10
Follow this link. At the end, Latch gives a nice little bit of code that directly calls the Windows Media Playing DLL so you load the music and play it using Windows, instead of going through DarkBasic.

Option 3 might be the best for now, but Option 1 may be better in the long run. Hope this helps!

Did you hear about the escapologist's funeral? He was buried on June 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th...
Redstar
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks. i did not lose the extension. it plays well on the windows media. also i dont have dark basic classic but i will soon get it. i only use it at my school but right now i am on spring break so no dark basic for a week. i will keep in mind of all advice when i return to school

Robert The Robot (hehe) i use DB CLASSIC but it does say "Runtime Error: Unable to Load Music at Line". i will try the advice you gave me when i return to school

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:40:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:40:54