Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / GUI with DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, has anyone had success in using a GUI library? or somehow merging the DGDK window into a vc form?
Fusspawn
Years of Service
User Offline
I was Searching around the forums / web for this the other day, Ive yet to find a solution,

( Ive never used Windows.form.Whatever it is before, How amazingly steep is the learning curve on those ?)

anymore info anyone has would be most appreciated.

Stuck in the land of the confused! and loving it!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 03:05 Edited at: 9th Mar 2008 03:24
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=121804&b=22

.Net Steep? Not really to bad when you learn a few "getting started gotchas"... Then it's pretty intuitive.

DarkGDK + Managed Forms? Well. Rough Trade. Full Screen? Forget it.

DarkGDK + WinAPI Forms? Wordy - doable though. Full Screen? Forget it.

DarkGDK BlueGUI? Personally not impressed. Uses directX API though I THINK - and that allows you gui in full screen mode.

I'm about to write one from scratch just because I hate the available options for full screen mode. DirectX, BlueGUI, or bust.

There is a free Win32 API "AddOn" sorta DLL kicking around.. but its lacking a screen designer - but otherwise probably works ok... not full screen of course.

[edit]
REMEMBER DarkGDK and DarkGDK.NEt are two different products. Remembering that MIGHT make this post read better.

Truth is, if NOT full screen, in C# - you can probaly get a GUI going nicely.
[/edit]

Fusspawn
Years of Service
User Offline
Full screen isnt a concern to me at the moment as what ever im doing is really still in concept stage and never stays open for more than 10 min's or so,

Guess ill have to look into this .net stuff at somepoint ;/

Eitherway do you plan to release you Gui plugin if and whenever you deem it suitable ?

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 21:39
Fusspawn
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm about to write one from scratch just because I hate the available options for full screen mode. DirectX, BlueGUI, or bust"

I ment that

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2008 03:50
LOL on me... um... tthhhhwapp!

Well, don't hold your breath.

Like you, I'm keeping my ear to the ground to see if anything new pops into the scene.

I'm working on a project, less than part time (unfortunately) and I have ALOT to code yet but I don't think I'll have a choice but to write my own.

You know I'm hoping rips one out? TDK from the DBPro forums (he frequents there anyway) and I saw a link today or yesterday - forget where exactly (DBPRO forum somewhere) and he has one that's looking pretty sharp - he's redoing it changing from plains to sprites or something... but I HOPE THAT becomes something to write about!

Fusspawn
Years of Service
User Offline
Ooo.. Sounds interesting *goes thread hunting*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:17:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:17:26