Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Manipulating DBPro objects form a DLL

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 06:02
How do you manipulate DBPro's objects and cameras from a DLL? Like, move object up uses a DLL to move the object up.

-C gives you enough rope to hang yourself. C++ also gives you the tree object to tie it to.
-A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 18:56
I think you have to access some globstruct class...
I haven't messed around with theese things for quite some time though.

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
luke escude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 23:06
OK, that narrows it down to about 500 variables...

Which classes? There are files included in files included in Globstruct, so any one of these files could have what I am looking for.

-C gives you enough rope to hang yourself. C++ also gives you the tree object to tie it to.
-A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
Image All
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 15:32 Edited at: 26th Mar 2008 15:40
Look in this thread, where the poster asked basically the same question. There are some real answers there.

Basically you need to make calls to the DBP DLLs which actually contain the commands (like DBProBasic3DDebug.DLL) and call the command from within it. Essentially you're doing the exact same thing as calling whatever command from within DBP itself. The thread I linked to has some tips which narrow down a bit more how to call the commands from the DLLs, but if you need more help it should be in your documentation or on MSDN.

edit hmm... maybe I should be more mindful of post dates this board doesn't seem to be quite as active as the others...

luke escude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 23:21
OK, thanks Image All!

Vector3 3D World Creator - By Luke Escude
http://www.lujogames.com/luke/vector3/vector3.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 03:29:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 03:29:54