Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark Physics with DGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 08:04 Edited at: 9th Mar 2008 08:05
Hi

I installed dark physics for dark GDK, but some of the functions like dbPhyRigidBodyForce don't get recognized (dbPhyStart works and so does many other commands - it seems to be just a few). There were some other strange issues when trying out the examples (nxcooking.dll was not found error was common), and it seems as if there are some huge holes in it.

Anyone got some ideas?

BTW, sorry about not being so specific, I'm in a rush.

z_man

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2GB DDR2 RAM Radeon X1600 Series Realtek Sound System

Persist and you will succeed.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 21:43
1: Copy the dll' to your project directory...

2: Download my OOP code I released in the thread. It has some simple demos where the physics works. The oop lib doesn't have a whole lot going on for physics, except the update part... but all the physics "Setup of bodies" and bouncing stuff around is pretty plain vanailla as I just bought it myself.

z_man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2008 23:47
Thanks for the help I knew I needed to copy the dll, I just though it was unlikely a commercial package like Dark Physics would not have working examples from the start. Nonetheless, I'm still happy with the effort that has gone into Dark Physics - I think it's great.

But the major problem I'm concerned with is:

dbPhyRigidBodyForce

This function is mentioned in the reference, yet when I try to use it, the compiler does not recognize it. I actually have submitted a bug report about this, because there was not much I found that could have been otherwise.

Anyway, I will download your code now, and see how it goes

Thanks!

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2GB DDR2 RAM Radeon X1600 Series Realtek Sound System

Persist and you will succeed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:28:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:28:06