Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Game Distribution Idea

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was thinking a while ago that it would be cool to have a system that people could distribute games published by small studios, like the people here on TGC Forum- sorta like Steam. So I got a pretty good idea of how I would do this and decided to ask you guys if you would like to use my program to distribute my game. The games would have to cost something, so I could take a percentage out of that to pay for bandwidth, etc., and PayPal would also take 2-3% out.

I really want to know if anyone likes his idea, and any ideas for me. Thanks!
Plazmeh
Years of Service
User Offline
I think this is a great idea. Can anyone make this?
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2008 04:28
That depends, I need details, what we get, what you take, etc. Also a taste of what you can do (mostly web design-wise) would be nice.

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Mar 2008 04:30
What advantage does "your system" have over selling our games ourselves or on any other game website? What is your experience in websites, sales, games, etc? What is your idea?

Best.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 03:52 Edited at: 26th Jun 2008 04:40
I was looking for a thread of mine, and completely forgot to subscribe to this... Anyway, I have a bunch of C# experience, and am currently building an application for this purpose, which I call NeXus. The program will definitely be a stand alone executable, and I've already begun working. I'll post more another time.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 09:51 Edited at: 24th Apr 2008 09:51
A good idea but the problem is that most FPSC games aren't good enough to be sold for dollars. Giving them away for free usually is the best route to fame and you are still lucky if you get more than a few thousand downloads.

Before developing too much you should also look at the competition right now. There are several companies (big and small) trying to make similar services to take on Steam. Are you ready to go up against them? My bet is that users generally don't want to have their pc's flooded with "download-managers" and will focus on the one or two best services (Steam probably being the most popular).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:30:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:30:07