Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / UDP and Visual C++

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone,

I have been looking to use some UDP data with DarkGDK, can anyone help me out?

Everything I have found online does not compile with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition.

If you have a solution, or know someone who can, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

why doesn't it work the way I want it to!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2008 00:54
Scope out the Linker errors people have had regardless of what - you might track some things you can try.

WinSock is my recommendation.

There are a lot of Linker threads in here... Have you tried the WinSock directly yet? I'd be curious to see what gives ya grief there... I don't think that are that many hooks it relies on. I'm convinced its a port handler and attached to a virtual LAN CARD layer (to allow virtual and REal NIC access etc)

skull driveshaft
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Jason,

That is the C++ code that runs the console application.

I included the #include "DarkGDK.h" and got no errors.

Now after the #include statements, I put in a bool firstrun = 0; so I could setup the first 2 objects in my window.

Now here is the first error I get when I try to compile:

And that's with the "dbMakeObjectCube(1, 15);" statement - so that's it in a nutshell.

If I comment out the dbMakeObject statements, everything is great, I know my function has been called because the stdout statement inside the if (!firstrun) gets output to the screen.

I know that with the bool being global, I can call DarkGDK and not go through the initialization all over again, but the requirements of LoopGDK seem to be the ESC key, if I'm not understanding that, someone please clarify.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 07:35
You can't have a win main... DarkGDK Owns that one. (Are you aware of that?) Work in your nic stuff into a DarkGDK "Wizard" template - you really need to start with working GDK code, and finesse in the other stuff - addressing each linker error one at a time.

I think your straight up BOMB is part of the DarkGDK pirate protection stuff if you're trying to have your own winmain.

If you're way ahead of this response - and all over this - My apologies... thats the first thing that came to mind with the info in this thread so far.

skull driveshaft
Years of Service
User Offline
that's the c++ code that comes in the TUIO DUMP source.

but I can have a void DarkGDK (void) sitting above the int main with the parameters being passed into it from the UDP Packet Listener.

I'm going more into the base of the Tuio Dump and it's processing of the UDP packets.

I just wanted to post from where the problems start, and look for ways to get the data out.

Right now I'm also looking at just copying the console text area every cycle, saving one version, comparing with the new version, if there is a difference, read the last line, and feed GDK the information.

So far it looks like I have to goto DarkGDK.Net

skull driveshaft
Years of Service
User Offline
The last statement client.start(true) goes to this:

This is part of the same Visual C++ Project and the only error I get now after gutting the int main and moving it into it's own world while making 5 global variables for ball(int), lastball(int), killball(bool), positionx(int), positiony(int).

Not the best thing in the world, but could shed some light on what is happening.

Here is the only error I get now:

I can't come up with anything else.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 15:00
I've seen that linker error before, and there are various solutions, one is make sure your project has the /MT MultiThreaded option, and others I've see require something about a setting for a debug lib, and yet others about just removing libcmt (Which I suspect you did to get that message).

TParkin made a LINKER Tutorial sorta thread with alot of good info how to get various libraries to work along side DarkGDK and in GENERAL how to work through some of these situations.

The idea of ripping the console is not a good one. Waiting for .Net might be easier but seems cop-outish to me.

You simply can not have a WinMain and a DarkGDK init in the same application either.

I'm not sure about this networking lib you're using but I'd personalyl recommend going straight to WinSock DLL. I don't have all the answers but I don't think this is a "DarkGDK can't Do It" kind of thing.

jenzai, Benjamin, TParkin... if you guys are reading this... You have any input? I do think we need more source to see what's really going on and info about Skull's Socket lib he wants to use.. but... help... Anyone?

skull driveshaft
Years of Service
User Offline
So here's where it all began

http://reactable.iua.upf.edu/?software

If you scroll down towards the bottom you get to TUIO_CPP

This contains the source for the console application that is processing the TUIO messages from OSC and outputting the information on-screen.

OSCPack is here: http://www.audiomulch.com/~rossb/code/oscpack/

It was originally made for multi-touch/point tracking on displays.

From that aspect you can wear IR emitting LEDs or just LED's in a dark room and have processed data of those points, and user data is the best thing to have in DarkGDK.

skull driveshaft
Years of Service
User Offline
touchlib compiled

namespaces used

dependencies cause conflicts

brain is toast

DarkGDK and getting data from a webcam is on the back burner

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:30:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:30:41