Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / backdrop over text

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, i have two problems:

First one:
i have set the backdrop on from the standard camera, but now the text is hidden behind the backdrop Oo

Second one:
i program a console like view for an server-program. so i want that when the textlines together are bigger than the screenheight the camera moves down to see the new line. the upperst line should fade away.
my camera moves down by the right value but the cameraview is still on the place it starts from. nothing changed...but dbCameraPositionY tells a new value.

thanks so far...elloran
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 19:04
1) You must draw the text every loop, because the backdrop will clear the screen straight after the sync.

2) Only 3D objects are affected by the camera, you must alter the position of text yourself.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 21:37
I use this on my server to have running status display.

At anywhere in the code you want something added to the status you call it with,

SysWindow("This variable is : "+str$(thisVariable))

In your main loop just call this function with

SysWindow("")

and it doesn't shift anything up, but allows you to put it all out to screen again for the sync. The second loop is what prints the contents of the array. It starts printing at line 7 because I have other stuff in my main loop that gets printed above that.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2008 23:57
LOL - thats the first console code I've seen here yet! LOL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:27:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:27:11