Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Where can i find Documentation's for some DLL's?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Community,

where can i find Documentation's for some DLL's? I have seen the Code-Example at the Thread http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=122638&b=18
what is a very cool Thing! But without an Documentation of some (system) .DLL's the Functions, what they need or what i must send to them - and last but not least - what they do, how can i know what i must - and can - do with them?

Special interests for me is for example, what DLL i need to made some system Requester, MessageBoxes etc. you see in Windows-Applications?
Next is, if i have an DLL - for Example - from Miranda Instant messenger "icq.dll" and do not have an Documentation, how i can get a List of the Functions and Parameters that be into this (or some other undocumented) DLL?

Best Regards
Martin

Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2008 22:57
Google.

There's no magic here. You can't use a DLL without being told how to use it (usually via documentation).

The windows message box and other system requesters are well documented on the net, so you should be able to work out how to do them ... or you can search the forums as they've been done several times already.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-18 08:03:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-18 08:03:03