Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3d object front direction

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a noob problem. I've loaded some of the .x 3d characters that came with the package (including the Dark Matter ones). When I do something like dbMoveObject(5,4) it works fine but the actual model is facing the wrong way, in other words it apears to be moving backwards. Or if if I point the object to a certain position in 3d space it does it but the model's "back" is then facing this location instead of the intended front (e.g. the characters face) if this makes sense. Is there any way change the "front" settings of the model without importing it in a 3d suite? Or am I missing something?
Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the command you need
Quote: "
dbFixObjectPivot
This command will fix the current angles of the specified 3D object as the new absolute rotation of the model. It is often required to load, rotate and fix models to face a particular direction before using them.

Syntax
void dbFixObjectPivot ( int iObject )
"

Rotate the object until it is positioned to you satisfaction then "Fix it"

Codger

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:28:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:28:45