Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Why I can see nothing but black from my released exe file??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Tool: Visual C++ Express & DirectX SDK Aug & Dark GDK

I followed these steps:

File -> New -> Project -> Wizard -> Dark GDK - 2D Game -> projectName-> OK

Then it automatically generated some sample codes for this project. I pressed the green button "Debug" and it works with animation.

I pressed the green button "Release" and a warning window said " Debugging information for 'projectName.exe' cannot be found or does not match. Binary was not built with debug information." I tried to handle this problem with following steps:

Project -> projectName properties -> Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Debugging -> General Debug Infor (set to YES) -> OK

Then, I pressed the green button "Release", it works well!

HOWEVER, when I opened the "projectName.exe" file from the Release directory. A window had been launched, showed nothing but black. No animation, all black...

Why it works well while debugging by visual c++ express, but see noting using released exe file? How can I tackle it?? Please do help me. thanx~~!!
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2008 15:25
Quote: "HOWEVER, when I opened the "projectName.exe" file from the Release directory."

When you execute your program from the IDE the application's active directory is one level above /release or /debug, so manually running it from these directories will result in incorrect file paths for any media loaded using a relative path, you can just copy it to your project's main folder and run it from there to fix this.

Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2008 19:45
Quote: "I pressed the green button "Release" and a warning window said " Debugging information for 'projectName.exe' cannot be found or does not match. Binary was not built with debug information.""

Don't use F5 to launch a release mode program from VS. That's strictly for programs compiled in debug mode. Use Ctl-F5 to launch a release version.

Lilith, Night Butterfly

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:15:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:15:54