Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / a couple newton questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2008 18:45
HI i've been playing around with the vehicle demo that come with the newton, after playing with it for a long while there are a few things about it that I cannot figure out.
1# How do I speed the car up? It seems the only way that i can is by setting the maxtire to 4. But then after doing that the car loses control much easier. what I would like is more speed with better handeling but not sure how to set this up.

2# How can I tie maps together? under the make floor function I tried to add a second map, although the map did appear in the scene, I was only able to drive on the first map and fall through the second.

also is it better to just have a big flat plain or terrain for the floor then add the scenery stuff like buildings and streets in after? the reason I ask is cause right now i've been making the maps as one big map with the buildings built into it.

WindowsXP/SP2, Pentium 4 2.66 GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Geforce 6600 256MB
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 05:19
I have not played with the vehicle joints that much I'm afraid. Check code snippets I believe there is some newton vehicle code that may be more realistic with handling than the demo.

Tying maps together is pretty straight forward without seeing code not sure what you're doing wrong.

You can have buildings and terrain together. Unless you want cars to bounce off buildings (or blow them up) when colliding, you can treat it like a single Tree Collision.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 03:24:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 03:24:24