Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / BSP in hammer editor setup

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2008 21:46 Edited at: 17th Mar 2008 23:14
ive got the hammer editor v3.4 (the one from hl1 not source even though i do have that avaliable) i just want to know how to set up the hammer tool to use in my own game not for use with half life so any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. do i set this up just like i would for hl or cs?

invading small countries is fun ¬
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2008 01:10 Edited at: 18th Mar 2008 01:12
I would go with the HalfLife, and not the CounterStrike option. I am not sure at all about Hammer, I use Quark in QIII mode, its very nice. You can load QIII levels into DBPro, and it handles alot of the stuff in them, except some of the entities, and some models in the bsp don't animate.

You should probably try that question somewhere where people use Hammer and bsps. Not too many people use bsps here.

In Quark, I started another pk3 file, because the textures in the QIII pk3 don't all work in DBPro. I think that .WAL, .PCX, and .STL are the only ones not supported. I converted the ones in the QIII pk3, and used that, too. That was easier, but still...I'd like to figure out how to do it in Quark, so that I can just design levels that I own the assets for and put them into the same pk3. Then, I can add the media to my executable, and the entire thing is one file...that would be the best, imo.
rookie bomb technician
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the reply im quite new to all the game dev stuff an having a play around at the moment. i might try out that Quark program and see what it is like once again thanks for the advice

invading small countries is fun ¬
Fusspawn
Years of Service
User Offline
Has any one used the hl2 either OrangeBox or the older Source Version of it and imported that to DarkGDK ?

Id be ammazed to find it work'ed Let alone had half the looks the original did in the editor.

Stuck in the land of the confused! and loving it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:25:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:25:58