Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Third Person Camera

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2008 21:19 Edited at: 19th Mar 2008 21:28
Hey,
i have just about got a third person camera working! and thought i would share the code for A) people who want to make a third person camera. and B) for people to help me make it better !

i Still need to implement collision detection for the camera so if you rotate into a wall it will stop and slide along it rather than go through it.

just pass the object id of the object you wish to follow in your main loop and you should be good to go
Movian
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for a double post . but new information came to light in another post and I wanted to bump this up (as new information was available and I now need an answer to a question)

OK. so I have the third person camera code that works. now it has been suggested that i put this into a camera class (I also want to build a first person camera system) but as I am fairly new to coding in C++ i have no idea where to start with this . if anyone an offer information or tutorials it would be appreciated.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 18:37 Edited at: 24th Mar 2008 18:37
I have a ton of SIMPLE and Complex classes if you wish to learn from - They might help you make heads or tails of classes along with the tutorials located here:

Tutorial
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

My Classes etc (grab the SOURCE Code stuff - EXE's only if you want to see em run in case you don't have darkphysics and sparky's and can't get demo programs to compile:
http://code.google.com/p/darkgdkoop/

psyum
Years of Service
User Offline
hey mate, thanks for the cam i just modified some stuff and that was that thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:22:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:22:36