Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK for 3D games in browsers !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I'm planning a project following the growing trend of 3d games(Phospor, InstantAction portal, Quake Zero etc.) being ported/made onto a browser for online play. Dark GDK with Visual C++ 2008 Express is the first thing that makes both technical and financial sense to me rite now. Therefore, I would like to know if Dark GDK can be used for making 3D games that can eventually get embedded in a browser ? If yes, also provide any pointers that'll help me get started !

Thanx a lot,

=[nE0:sPhErE]=

Am the remainder of an unbalanced mathematical equation inherent to the programming of the matr1x !
Fusspawn
Years of Service
User Offline
there was a post i saw somewhere asking if there was intrest in being able to do this,

for the moment im going to say its not possible, ( With out Extensive coding that i dont even know where to begin to look at .. )

so unless someone else post otherwise that knows more than me ( very likely ) Im going to suggest waiting till TGC annouce they have done it for you

Stuck in the land of the confused! and loving it!
Deagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2008 22:19
Java and Irrlicht wrapper might be the choice for you

Deagle aka D-Eagle
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 19:04
Or make a downloadable client and call it a day.

If you want a TON of Browser fun - you might be able to pull it off with a MASSIVE ActiveX control made with DarkGDK.Net when it comes out... but seriously - this would be INSANE! Plus the client would need DirectX installed anyways even then... so... Just make it a desktop client thing - They'll have to download directX and your game anyways... might as well make it work in a way people are usually familair with.... Link to Microsoft Directx site - and your client.

what would be spamrt though is an activeX control that checks the computer to see if they have a compatible directx lib installed - and react appropriately - like STEP1 - you need Directx Step 2 - download our game client Step 3 - login Step 4 - HANG ON!

LOL Good Luck

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:30:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:30:14