Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How long will it take?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How long will it take to create an average 1hour long game and how many levels will i need................. O and hom much of the map will it iake up because I'm a strange person one day I will spend ages making a simple one level game highly detailed the next I can't be bothered the next a quick ten minute fast unproffesonal game the next how should I make it so for the next level it has a drematic ending for level one and then level two starts with the person hooked I need to know hom long it will take and I really think i should start and idea book for easy creation because I here people saying that all the time.

Thank you
Super Gamer Jack
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2008 00:02
I think you have answered your own question there,maybe...?

First of all, slow down a little and secondly and i'm sure you have heard this expression before "you only get out of something what you have put into it".

Sorry for talking like this but a little for-thought and effort goes a long way.

I wish you the best in your future projects and stick at it because you might supprise yourself.

All the best of luck
Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2008 00:19
I'm new to FPSC, only had it a few weeks, but one lesson I learnt was that you need to get a understanding of how the program works, and what it can/can't easily do. I had a entire game story mapped out, but quickly realised it would take me years to finish something so ambitious.

So my own newbie advice would be to start small and read everything - all the info on the forums, the Hints & Tips guide etc If you jump into FPSC expecting it to be able to do exactly what you want straight away you'll be disappointed and disheartened. Some of the excellent stuff in Showcase demonstrates what's possible with patience, however.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 19:21:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 19:21:06