Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / full shader effect loading??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2008 23:47 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2008 00:03
hi everybody..
i made full shader in dark shader plugin and exported it to filename.fx .
how i can load this effect(full shader)that i made in DarkGdk(code) and applay it in my game ??
thanks for helping.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2008 12:02
You question doesn't fully make sense.
One way or another you'll use 'dbLoadEffect' and then 'dbSetObjectEffect' on the object itself.
mouness
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i mean whats the different between fullscreen shaders and object shaders in dark shader plugin? and how i can use the fullscreen shaders in darkgdk??
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2008 18:46
Ah, here is an example:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99464&b=22

Just don't worry if it doesn't show as expected (I don't know if it works or not at this time), that's the right way to do it.
mouness
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for helping
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2008 01:52
mouness,

Just out of interest, have you got it working and if so what version of VS are you using and what OS are you running? The reason I ask is because DarkShader doesn't work here I'm using VS2008 Pro and Vista (32bit)

Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.
mouness
Years of Service
User Offline
yes the dark shader effect that i exported (.fx)work with me good i make the the object refliective by envireoment .i use Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and microsoft windows xp media center edition sp2(32bit).
my best regaredess....
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 18:31
mono maybe it was your post - but I read that vista and DarkShader are not right.

Vista? I Hate Vista! Vista is Stupid! LOL

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 18:36
Yeah, DarkShader and Vista don't like each other very much. I have managed to get object shaders working, but fullscreen is pretty much screwed.

It's a shame, because I have paid money for a product that I cannot use. And for some unknown reason XP will not install on my laptop, I have tried the first un-service-packed and service pack one versions and both fail, otherwise I would re-install XP.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 18:40
Quote: "
And for some unknown reason XP will not install on my laptop, I have tried the first un-service-packed and service pack one versions and both fail, otherwise I would re-install XP.
"

What are the error messages? Tried COMPLETE NEW FORMAT of C:?

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 18:45 Edited at: 24th Mar 2008 18:48
The strange thing is, I don't get any error messages it just hangs right after the blue screen appears with the license agreement (the one where you have to press F8 to agree).

I have contacted DELL about it, all they said is to get a copy of 64bit XP, because my CPU is 64bit. But, to be honest I can't see that being anything to do with it, because 64bit CPUs are backwards compatible.

Yeah, I've tried a complete format, deleting all partitions then creating new ones and formating but still no joy. The only thing I can think of is the dual core, but that is highly unlikely.

Dunno

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 18:52
Lastly - is there a BIOS setting to make the 32bit compat stay on or something like that? Shoot - I'd ALMOST consider 64bit linux, and run a XP Virtual Machine....

That's weird. Though I never tried XP on a 64bit CPU - I HAVE installed a 32bit Linux (Fedora) into a 64bit AMD no issue - but we are talking a DELL - I used a homebrew - name brand motherboard, namebrand cpu, memory etc...

you have a laptop and don't have the flexibility most likely...sad... I hope you have some success soon... I see how that could be REALLY frustrating.

Good Luck Bro.

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 18:54
Thanks man

I'm gonna have a look in the BIOS to see if there is anything there, haven't thought of that!

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 18:56
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 21:55
Jason, you are a genius.

When I first got my laptop I setup the BIOS for optimum performance, so I reset the settings to the factory defaults and well... I'm now posting via XP

Thanks mate, I owe you one

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 22:39
Quote: "Jason, you are a genius."
I wouldn't say that... LOL

AWESOME MATE! Now you can use those shaders!!!!!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have built FX shaders in both ATI RenderMonkey and Nvidia FX Composer. I am saving the results as .FX files.

I have tried to use these FX files in DarkGDK (dbLoadEffect * dbSetObjectEffect) without success. I have some simple .FX like a rainbow effect, and these work 100% fine.

Do I need to get DarkShader to use these files? Will DarkShader add extra libs and commands to DarkGDK to handle more complex FX files?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:28:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:28:23