Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How to load a *.bsp file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2008 14:32
Hi,

I tried to load a *.bsp file, but Visual C++ couldn't find the "dbLoadBsp"-function. Is another include-file necessary? I only included the DarkGDK.h.

What other steps should be done after loading the *.bsp file?
Does the GDK only need the *.bsp-file or does it need further files in the project directory?

Sebastian
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 00:26 Edited at: 24th Mar 2008 00:36
That should include the rest of it. Maybe a typo?

The .bsp file itself has no textures in it, or additional models. If you are using a bare .bsp. you will need those to be wherever the .bsp expects them, which is set in the editor.

The best way to use .bsps is in a pk3 file that contains the .bsp[s] that you want to use, along with the assets they use, like the engines that use bsps usually do.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 17:39
@Seb - As for the Command seeming to be missing - there are some missing GDK commands you need to make your own declarations for - the ones I know about are:

also - things aren't always what are stated in Help - For Example - I did a generic list of functions over the weekend to make it easy to dump any of the "checklists" to a text file... and Sometimes they are "dbPerformCheckList..." and sometimes "dbPerformChecklist..." for example.

I figure this crap out by searching the include directory of DarkGDK and opening the various include files and searching for the command I'm interested in - or part of it - just to try to find a "Hit" and then I usually just copy-n-paste the correct "function name" into my code.

As for the BSP stuff.... JinZai is you're man - not me LOL

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 17:53 Edited at: 24th Mar 2008 17:53
dbLoadBSP ( ) is found here. Maybe you just needed to capitilize the 'BSP'; C++ is case-sensitive.
Sebastian The Crab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 23:37
so let's focus at the problem that the Visual Studio can't find the function "dbLoadBsp". It prompts:

Quote: "1>------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: Dark GDK - 3D Game_BSP, Konfiguration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Kompilieren...
1>Main.cpp
1>c:\dokumente und einstellungen\sebastian\eigene dateien\visual studio 2008\projects\dark gdk - 3d game_bsp\dark gdk - 3d game_bsp\main.cpp(37) : error C3861: "dbLoadBsp": Bezeichner wurde nicht gefunden."

And this is how the code looks like :

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 00:35
Quote: "Kompilieren"
<--- Here's Your Problem! ... what's that?

.... Wait... they always mess this up:
Quote: "dokumente"
TGC misspelled Documentation!

NOPE - I GOT it.... And I'm not the first person to mention this.... Its YOUR CASE!

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 01:34
[quote]so let's focus at the problem that the Visual Studio can't find the function "dbLoadBsp".quote]

Wow. Did you even read what I said?!?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:25:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:25:33