Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem importing textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 01:16 Edited at: 24th Mar 2008 03:27
Hi, just started with Dark GDK yesterday with reading through the tutorials.
One tutorial is about Game Level, while the code is really simple, I don't see anything about importing textures.

My code is the same as the tutorial, and it does show my map when I debugg it, however there is no textures on any walls!
They are all white!

Edit: Jupp, was the .stf files. Thanks for the help!
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 02:31 Edited at: 24th Mar 2008 02:34
I see you are using 3DWS to model you map, if you look at the file type of the textures you are using they are .stf which is the format used by the LeadwerksEngine and is not supported by GDK.

The way I get around this is to open the texture browser in 3DWS and set the view to the maximum (512 or 1024) and do a print screen, then crop the image in your image editor and save it out as into a decent format like png or something. Then just re-apply the new textures, it should work with GDK then.

Also, just to cover all corners the textures need to be in the same directory as the model, but 3DWS copies the textures to the same directory anyway so I'm guessing that is not the problem.

Edit: Just noticed the lightmaps are there so it's definitely the annoying .stf format that 3DWS uses.

Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.
Rowsn
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! I'll see if I get things working now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:26:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:26:26