Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / sparky and .x

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 03:43
Hi My name is Peter & I from Poland.

Im using GDK and i have problem with sparky collision.

I dont know how tu use sparky with mesh.x because collision doesnt work

see photo:
http://imageupload.com/~imageupl/show.php/90237_kol.JPG.html

and download:
http://www.speedyshare.com/901352288.html

THX

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 17:32
Downloaded your code - could not test from where I sit - but It looks like you have your groups messed up in sparky.

Start off with player in group ZERO, Mesh in Group 1, and I never used Sphere Cast, just Group Collision check, and you need to play with the parameters to make sure you are checking things correctly.

The other thing that looks hosed is the parameters you are passing to: SC_SphereCastGroup( 1, oldx,oldy,oldz, oldx,oldy+vy,oldz, radius,0 );

I didn't think Sphere Slide worked with the ray casting.... thought it was a normal poly/sphere/box collision thing.

Sparky's Works. You're close. If you must, hit the examples again and copy verbatum how Sparky does the sliding collision demo verbatum - and then expand on that once you get it working in your code.

krolik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 21:53
Ok i change this collision-> collide = SC_objectCollision ( 1,2 ) ;
but is error C3861: 'SC_objectCollision': identifier not found

i tried
SC_setupComplexObject , types collision 0-2 but it error again

tobi453
Years of Service
User Offline
Try: SC_ObjectCollision(1,2) and SC_SetupComplexObject

The documentation is sometimes wrong. You must open the include file "SC_Collision.h" in order to look up the right spelling of a function.

FINAL VERSION RELEASED!!!!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 18:25
@Tobi-True. Great Game BTW BRO! (StarWars Reb)

@krolik - check out Tobi's post... you're close man - don't give up!

krolik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 19:46
Quote: "Try: SC_ObjectCollision(1,2) and SC_SetupComplexObject"

I tried this but is error with indyficator i dont know what is wrong.

Please if you can change something in my code beceause when some body write try this or this then i dont know how. Sorry
krolik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 20:03
what is close man?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 20:43
It means you are NEAR to having SUCCESS!

Do NOT stop TRYING! You are Doing Well.

If I CAN NOT help today - wait until tomorrow.. I will try then. I am helping someone else right now.

krolik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 21:37
Thanks Jason p sage, i change small o to big O and c-> C ond work but is other problem legs of robot are under level:

http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legsgu9.jpg

He is falling down and when is collision robot and level then robot stops and a cant to do nothing,

i dont know why is that

There is my complete code

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 22:27
Its because your doing the collision twice in a single frame. Where you apply your physics - its valid - but you're knocking Sparky out of sync with what's going on graphically.

Try to change your code to do ALL the moves You WANT to do... Then check that for collision, and slide or whatever... and call it a day!

krolik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 22:38
I dont know what do you mean

Quote: "Its because your doing the collision twice in a single frame. Where you apply your physics - its valid - but you're knocking Sparky out of sync with what's going on graphically.

Try to change your code to do ALL the moves You WANT to do... Then check that for collision, and slide or whatever... and call it a day!
"

hymm this sparky with meshes is difficult. I think bsp will be better what do you think about this?? but i need use normal mapping on my object and i dont know what will be with bsp. Can i use some effect on bsp? i see is dbSetBSPMultiTexturingOn so i think i canuse a few textures. So i dont know what is better sparky(objects, effects,fest) or bsp ( easy )
krolik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 22:42
Please if you can write how to do good this sparky collision because i dont understand. When i will done collision later will be easy thank for your help
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 23:36
I said I would help... you are in line though... let me finish helping another person first, then I'll help you... Ok?

krolik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 18:20
ok im waiting
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 19:00
hang in there - I'm not passing you off - I'm not finished with that other person's Sparky Issue.... in fact his issue is giving me ruffled feathers.... I think its his MODEL but I can't be certain yet. I Promise I won't leave you hanging much longer. Only have liek 3 hours a day TOPS in front of My DarkGDK dev box! .... Except weekends - and that's usually Iron Infantry Development Time.

krolik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 19:17
And what do you think about bsp ? Can I use normal mapping on bsp and other effect ?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 19:34
Quote: "And what do you think about bsp ? Can I use normal mapping on bsp and other effect ? "

I don't know enough about it to say fairly. I forget who off the top of my head... but someone here swears by them... most people here don't use them.

It's like listening to politicians debate - except in this case MOST people against BSP never tried BSP. I haven't given it a fair shake myself.

krolik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 21:50
Hymm i have idea. I can make sphere collision and i will get my player to this sphere. I will hide sphere and will be good. There is image
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 22:12

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 15:22:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 15:22:43