Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Kyias's Arena Login System

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 07:31
There was this dude by the name of Kyias. He said that he came up with a way to incorporate My SQL into an arena map of FPSC and made a username/password system for it. He said it also kept track of frags and had a whole lot of other features. His thread was: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=104883&b=21
I have tried e-mailing him to no avail. I think that with the login system and frag records; we can be on our way to creating ranking systems for our games and other cool stuff. So, if your out there dude, please respond. I kinda need that knowledge for a multiplayer arena game I'm working on: http://ftw.spruz.com/. Thanks - Wraith

Wraith Games... Play Harder
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 15:10
What ever SQL means, he's ysing it to mess up the game or doing something illegal. It would be your own fault, giving your SQL to unknown strangers.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 15:21
Quote: "What ever SQL means, he's ysing it to mess up the game or doing something illegal. It would be your own fault, giving your SQL to unknown strangers."

Once again AI you should not post an answer to something you have no knowledge about. The reason he has SQL (Which is MySQL) is because MySQL is a database, and to do what he planned on doing he needs to query a database to store and reference information. If you know anything about MySQL you will know that it is easy to limit any access to your databases.

Best,
Dave

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 15:27
D'oh! I always talk about things I don't know!! My apologies.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 17:06
When you don't have a clue about what you're talking/typing about, pipe down.....

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 18:14
Well it seems your best bet is to get the source and CR's SQL plug-in.

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 02:00
An online database storage feature for multiplayer games would be a neat idea for a Mod, provided you gave the developers on the FPSC end sufficient scripting commands to harness that power.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 06:52 Edited at: 25th Mar 2008 06:59
A. What is CR's SQL Plugin?
B. Plystire, he said that it didn't mod source. Cool, huh?
C. They got something like it in a game called Maximum Frag Arena: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93610&b=25
I wonder how they did that, I think it's neat. I think I'll E-mail that guy next, but I don't think it has a login system... But I'm sure it's possible... But again what is CR's SQL Plugin, it sounds interesting.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 07:43
I know that they didn't mod the soruce, but I'm saying that if the developershad scripting commands to alter the way it worked, that'd make a cool feature, too.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 16:23
The only way to make something like this with a 100% seamless and nice working system, is by modding the source.
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 16:50 Edited at: 25th Mar 2008 16:51
CR made a SQL plug-in for DBP. I'm just saying mod the source to use that plug-in's features to get the result you want.

An AI, you just got a "Clueless Post Award."

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 21:52
Yay! In real life, I'm very oblivious to everything around me (which sometimes helps to ignore people).

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 22:05
I don't know Dark Basic (I've dabbled in regular Basic), Though we have a member of our staff that knows a little bit. So mabey he can whip something up, but I don't know.
I really wish that Kyias would get back to me or at least read this post (Though I don't think that he's been on in a while). I wish there is a solution to this dilemma...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 00:58
You have a member that knows "a little bit"?

Welp, good luck with that! I hope he enjoys learning experiences because openning up the FPSC source is 28,000+ lines of learning experiences.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 03:58 Edited at: 26th Mar 2008 03:59
I'm REALLY hoping for a way to do it WITHOUT moding source. I just, at this point at least, want an SQL login/frag-record thingy (Which Kyias claimed to have) I just hope he reads this thread... I know, I must be asking for too much

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
SQL is a database language. It's actually the database itself. It lets you host games by using database tables and such. It's probably not illegal, it depends on the web host, as hosting games on DB's take up a lot of bandwith and SQL space.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 05:16
How can you record frags anyway?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 08:33
Well, you could code a program to intercept and splice up the memblocks being sent out of the FPSC program and into the ports. Once you've found the frags bit of memory, then just record it. It's not that hard.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 20:48
What language should I use?

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 21:47
Depends on how well you can code in languages, Basicly you could use any language that supports Winsock connections.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 23:02
I personally prefer VB, but then again, I have extensive Winsock experience in that language, but others could argue that C++ would allow your program to be a bit more... powerful.

I also recommend VB, because then you could potentially harness VBA (VisualBASIC for Access) and kill two birds with one stone.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 23:18
Winsock in VB is good, easy to use and quite powerfull. besides, VB.net is not that hard to learn either.
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 04:45
Hmmm... I wonder how we can get this all working... Any ideas people?

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 04:57
Wow, Kyias just e-mailed me back... lets see what happens now!

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 09:50
OMG Can you have him drop me an email also. I so wanted to intergrate his scripts with several mp games I got with websites I have going on. I thought this project became a back burner.

Let him know if he needs hosting that fits all his requirements a domain and other things to run and test his games and scripts and other stuff I can accomidate him.

This is a project I would like to see get active within this community. It would be very usefull to many people here.

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:33:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:33:10