Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Gunn3r Games Informer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 21:59 Edited at: 19th Aug 2008 00:42
Cool. Anyone else want in on the literary action?

Gunn3r Games
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 01:02 Edited at: 19th Aug 2008 00:42
Pus, have you submitted your entry yet?

@Everyone else...
I'm working on the issue right now, so if you want to get your work submitted for the opportunity of achievements... Send them in!

Gunn3r Games
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 01:40
Quote: "Pus, have you submitted your entry yet?"

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I'll do it tomorrow if I'm not busy. As for the editorial, that will also be done in the next few days.

To be the best at something you must only suck slightly less than everyone else
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 02:37 Edited at: 19th Aug 2008 00:42
Ok. Just making sure, as we're working on getting the August release done. I'm surprised how much I got done today...

Gunn3r Games
Z 4SS4SS1N
Years of Service
User Offline
I should get my fps creator disc in a few days, (wish they would send me my email so i could get the online version) once i do, i'll try to make some good maps for you guys to review.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 18:14 Edited at: 19th Aug 2008 00:42
If you make a full game, we'll most likely review it in the next one. This one is going to be a full issue, so perhaps in the next one.

Gunn3r Games
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 21:40 Edited at: 18th Aug 2008 21:41
The August Issue is OUT!

This issue contains a better focus than the last one. And I think it has overall better content.

DOWNLOAD HERE.

(You may have to right click and do Save Link As... or Save Target As... Depending on your browser)

Gunn3r Games
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 21:52 Edited at: 18th Aug 2008 21:52
I enjoyed reading that, and thanks for the "he is coming..." preview!

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 22:06
Not a problem. Thanks to Roger Wilco, Airslide and Valkynaz for their articles. Roger did the "he is coming..." preview, by the way.

I also sent you an email, Nickydude. Did you happen to read it?

Gunn3r Games
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 23:15
You're welcome, Nicky. Can't wait to play the final release of it.

As for the Informer, it was a good read. I enjoyed it, and being a part of it.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
'August Issue' thats cool, good to see this still in action. Keep up the good work guys. I shall check out the Dl when I get time. Thanks.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 00:30
Awesome. Glad to see you around again, deca.

Gunn3r Games
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
hey deca long time no see..wow it's really nice to see you around the forums again...I hope all is good with you.

Cheers,
Tanya.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 07:55
Nice to see you sporting the GG sig, Tayna.

Gunn3r Games
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Gunn3r & Leaning Objects To The Side,
Good to see you both. With the limited time I have it has been good to catch up on whats been happening around here. And I hope to be around more often.
Oh, Im good thanks Tanya. I hope you are also.
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Gunn3r you know me..i am so loving my new sig. i will keep rocking my new sig. where ever i go..you know...

@ deca yes, please don't be a stranger...stop by more often we need more people like you on this forum...btw have you stopped by Gunn3r games site yet? it's really nice..stop in sometimes...i am so looking forward to seeing you there... Again, deca, Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a Great day.

Cheers,
Tanya.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 00:20 Edited at: 10th Dec 2008 19:46
Hello!
It's that time of year again. Time for the snow to start falling and family to start gathering. Time for caroling and big dinners. But that's not what this email is about... It's time for the Winter issue of the Gunn3r Games Informer! This season's Informer was made by our very own Robert F, who spontaneously volunteered to take on the role of making the Informer. This issue is a little shorter than previous issues, but expect Spring 2009 to be right up there, bursting with content. Somethings that weren't included in the Informer this issue:

1. Gunn3r Games gets re-organized!
All of our boards were in disarray, and were confusing to guests and members alike, so I went through and did my best to tidy up the place. Hopefully things are a lot easier to navigate. There were 8 boards completely removed and a number of boards rearranged in a way so that you can find what you are looking for faster.

2. Gunn3r Games Community Blog
For those of you with Facebook account, I'm sure you'd be familiar with the Current Status idea. For those who do not have a Facebook account, the Current Status idea is a place where you can put what you are currently doing at that moment. It would appear on Facebook as "Tyler is writing a lengthy email for Gunn3r Games." The newest feature at Gunn3r Games will be used in a similar fashion. After a couple hours of long work on your next gaming/artistic masterpiece, you can post up any and all development screenshots EVEN IF THEY WON'T BE USED. The Blog will be used as a way to document your work as you progress along through your projects. You don't have to even post screens. You can simply make a post that says "I worked on the balcony of level three for a while, but didn't get very far. Instead, I decided to change the setting of the room in level two." Short. Sweet. And to the point. To get signed up for a blog, email us at blogs@gunn3rgames.net.
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/blog/

3. New Years Contest
Gunn3r Games is holding a level design contest for FPSC. The winner will receive an assortment of prizes, including Toasty Fresh's MuzzleFlash Pack that he made. Warning: Use of muzzleflashes around police officers are highly discouraged, as it implies that you were shooting a gun. They don't seem to like that too much. For more information, visit the General Discussion on the Gunn3r Games Forums.

4. PulseAPI
The Gunn3r Games Engine is coming! The Gunn3r Games Engine is coming! PulseAPI is a XNA-born API created by Xyzz1233. Currently, Pulse only functions in the 2 dimensional realm, but soon, Pulse will be fully 3D. The 2D PulseAPI demo is scheduled for release in the next few weeks, and progress is going smooth, so we might have it on time! (Unexpected for a programmer... Huh?)

5. Tutorial Surge
Over the last month, we've had a massive amount of tutorials posted to our tutorials section. Last count had the tutorials at about 35. I know of a couple more in development, so expect to see those numbers shoot up even further. These tutorials are crafted by Gunn3r Games Moderators, and try to go as in-depth as possible.
If you have any questions about a step taken in one of the tutorials, feel free to post your question in that thread, and the creator of the tutorial will be happy to help out.

Well, I think that's everything. Except for the link to the newsletter itself...

Here it is!
Download

Thanks for reading!

Gunn3r Games
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 00:26
Yeah, looks good, but I'm not doing the Level Design Contest, that's Robert.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 00:28
My bad... Typo... Fixed.

Gunn3r Games
Indy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
hey gunn3r I would like to just talk about game that i am creating the storyboards and more in depth storyline for.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 03:59
Quote: "hey gunn3r I would like to just talk about game that i am creating the storyboards
and more in depth storyline for.
"

That's the beauty of the Gunn3r Games Forums, Indy Dude. You can talk about that in the Game Ideas area, and then when you break developmental ground, you can keep a "live" log of it in the blog. All you need is a GG Forum account. I'm anxious to hear your ideas!

Gunn3r Games
Indy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweet!!! thanks man. I'll be at the forums in no time.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 18:34
Great to hear!

Gunn3r Games
Indy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 19:19:40