Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / need feedback before I start a big project please.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey. I am thinking of a big project but I need some feedback before I start to see if it is even feasible.
I am in the design stage of a game I call 'The mansion" which takes place in(duh) a mansion. I was thinking how could I present a viable space, seeing as how win zones are only used once and you cant make warps. I came up with the idea to make it one HUGE level. I would accomplish this by
- Using a lot of dynamically unloading and loading entities.
- I would place in a lot of voice overs and story zones to make it seem long and big.
-I would make it so that the player can only save and checkpoints
- use warp points to get around from some points.
- and finaly use a lot of trigger zones(new waves of enemies, lights etc.)
I was also considering having an option to make it squad based using sansei.
Thanks for reading this wall of text.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 20:08
Hey Twitchy. Sounds like it could happen. I have a couple of ideas as to how you could pull it off. You could use a mod that allows you to go back into previous levels, which may be implemented in Lemur V2. Plystire has a mod that allows for this, so you might want to ask him about it. If you would like to post up a story and get that commented on, then head over to the Gunn3r Games Informer and post it in Game Ideas. It sounds pretty cool, so you'll get some good reviews. You'll have to register an account before you're able to see the game ideas, though.

[url="http://gunn3rgames.net/forum"]
[/url]
twitchy 624
Years of Service
User Offline
bump
hunt4evil
Years of Service
User Offline
I was checking out Lemur V2 and it does look real cool. Might try it myself.

http://www.huntforevil.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 19:25:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 19:25:06