Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Question about D3D Antialiasing Text Dll.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 20:11
Hi ,

I have installed the newest D3Dfunc Dll , that makes fast antialiasing fonts.

I have one problem , might be my graphics card.

When I load some font , I see it aliased , not antialiased. (Little blur).

I used the 3.66 version of the library. In the past I had the 1.01 version and it worked well.
but now I put 1.01 version again , and I see my fonts blur in both version and 3.66 and 1.01.

My graphics card is GeForce 8400GS , I tried some configuration from the control panel of the card but I had not improvement.

Could anyone knows how to solve this?
I use 1.066 version of DarkBasic Pro.

Thank you!

http://i-access.gr/future/Banner.jpg
You are an elite hacker and try to save the cyberspace.
Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 22:18
Can you post a screenshot of what is happening. I am not aware of any issues regarding fonts with the latest version of the dll.

D3DFunc - Superfast Antialiased text & much much more
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 01:18
In the example , I have attached there are 2 pictures.

Pic 1 , shows a clear image loaded in DarkBasic Pro ,
show the text , the image and the mouse.
The fonts on the pic 1 , are antialiased , the pictures is clear and the dimensions are 320x200.

This was made with screen type option "window" from Project properties the resolusion is 320x200

in the

Pic 2 , shows the same picture loaded in DarkBasic Pro ,
show the text , the image and the mouse.
The fonts on the pic 2 , are blured or aliased , the picture is blur and the dimensions in fact are 320x200 , but the screen capture program recognize 640x428

The picture was stretched vertical a little , all screen was stretched a little.

This was made with screen type option "fullscreen" from Project properties the resolusion was 320x200

So might be my graphics card or some incompatibility of my computer with DarkBasic or something.

I install some older drivers of my graphics card , and I update my bios of my motherboard , but the problem not solved.

Could you have some idea?

Thank you!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 10:15
Takis,

When you set the display mode to full screen and use a resolution smaller than you monitor's resolution, the image will always suffer from this type of distortion. It is the way things work with LCD monitors.

My monitor resolution is 1024x768 and if I use display mode of 320x200 the image appears stretched. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it.

D3DFunc - Superfast Antialiased text & much much more
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 22:49
I had one other older Graphic Card and work well , might be the problem in my Card.

The old card was AGP , the newone is PCI-E. I will try to change my graphics Card.

Thank you very much.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 03:35:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 03:35:38