Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can any one tell how to put animations into fps with blender 3d

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Could any one tell me how to put animations into fps creator with blender 3d because I exported my animation as a .x file and then opened it with entity workshop and then placed it into fps creator but it appeared as a object with no animation

could anyone tell how to put animations into fps creator with blender?
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 15:48
Imho entity workshop exports only static props, but there is a tool on the GameCreators site to make entities from xfile including animations also.

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 18:12 Edited at: 28th Mar 2008 18:13
Okay.This is why being able to make entities by hand is so nifty.
You need four things...
1. A small image that represents the entity (this is what you double click on in the library when you use FPSC...it is kind of optional and the entity making programs generally take the pic for you).
2. The model itself (the model has to be animated in the modeling program you make it in if you wish it to be so).
3. The .fpe file.This tells FPSC how to use the entity.Information regarding an entity and how the animations work are included here.To get a better idea open a similar .fpe to the entity you are putting into FPSC and check out how it is done.
4. The texture.
If you have all of these in the same folder or have specified the correct file paths to these in the .fpe file your entity should work.
Just a note...I import all of my animated models into FPSC by hand like this except weapons.
If you are making static entities though stick with one of the great entity making programs available.They are quick and easy to use.

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10
jodeo2007
Years of Service
User Offline
ok I get step 1 and step 2 but on step 3 how do i get the .fpe file?

and its any texture right?
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 08:32
You make it. you don't get it. You can open one that is already made inside FPS Creator, as an example.

You can use notepad to type it, just make sure you save it as .fpe format. I use Milkshape 3d, but this just might help you, I don't know how much though.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=125135&b=21

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 19:23:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 19:23:53