Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator V1 vista issues.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 06:07
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows, is there any specific way to make FPS Creator V1 work on Vista correctly? It seems to freeze up on me often, forcing me to restart my computer.
Any suggestions?

Im the Imp Master!!!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 08:26
Run all of FPSC's apps as Admin. If that don't work, try playing with the compatability settings in some of the App properties.

I have Vista and the only time it froze up on me.... my computer had been on for over a month straight and 98% of my RAM was in use.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 08:26
works fine over here, on an Admin account and with UCC turned off.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 08:30
I don't even have UCC turned off. I put up with it, only because this is my Dev machine ad I can't afford to lower security. (Last time I did that on my Dev machine... lost years of work because it caught something bad. )

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 10:03
Update to FPSC 1.7 and change the compatibility to windows XP (sp2) and run it as administrator. That should take care of it. Good luck.
bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 02:32
Man I hate vista

therapy has taught me not to talk to men with needles
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Vista's sweet, you are just being ignorant"puts on flame retardant suit".

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 05:00
Lol

Vista's actually very nice once you can look past it's minor flaws.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Blood Rush
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 05:00
Thanks for all the help. I'll put everyones suggestions to the test.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 05:12
It works fine only for one thing...The multiplayer won't work when its build. "Wating to join". but yeah works fine anyway, I did nothing to it
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 06:09
Quote: "It works fine only for one thing...The multiplayer won't work when its build. "Wating to join". but yeah works fine anyway, I did nothing to it"

see attach picture and try it.

when you are hosting, load the game, create a nickname, click on host game, pick a character and enter the game.

when you are joining a game, load your game, create nickname, click on join game, then follow instruction in picture.

Good luck.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Blood Rush
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 06:18
I downloaded upgrade 1.08. I haven't had any problems other then not being able to open some of my saved maps, which isn't a big deal for me. I'll just make better ones.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 18:33
Quote: "Man I hate vista "

Well, get ready for not buying anything else for the upcoming 2 years or so, cause thats the approx time of the new OS coming out.

Look for X10~photon on Halo: Combat Evolved mostly in mod areas.

www.outputoverload.webs.com
bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 21:20
I have vista and find XP more fpsc friendly

therapy has taught me not to talk to men with needles
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
No way man, I have both, I like Vista so much better, I didn't like it at first, but then I found so much good in it, it's sweet.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 23:28
If you just come from XP, Vista might look evil and complicated, but when you use it for a while, you'll notice how good it is, and what you can do with it.(Things XP did not have).

Alright, some menu's are harder to find, and the UAC is evil(Turn it off!). But with all the other things its great, it might take 1GB of RAM, but other programs take only 5% of what they took on XP! I guess Vista either keeps memory incase if, or it has an awesome Memory management system.
Blood Rush
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 08:08
I agree that Vista was a bit tough getting used to at first, but now I love it. (other than issues with FPSC but I can still use it.)
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 14:55
I hate vista mainly because of it's compatability issues. I'd rather stick to an operating system that doesn't take up 1gb, i am used to and is more likely to run an old-gen game.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 15:51 Edited at: 28th May 2008 16:04
Quote: "Vista's actually very nice once you can look past it's minor flaws."

Yep

Quote: "I agree that Vista was a bit tough getting used to at first, but now I love it."

Yep

For years Microsoft only made minor changes to Windows and people bought essentially the same OS over and over.
Then, when they finally do make major changes to keep up with advances in networking technology; everyone complains.
Maybe they should have sold them the old OS again because I think it is the change that people hate.
Now users have to manage their files differently because of added security, and that is unwanted change but neccessary really.

I find it comical that Apple is now running a commercial that suggests unhappy Vista users should buy a Mac.

Users didn't like the changes in Vista, but they can hop over from Windows to Mac easier?

Keep pushing the "glitches" pitch Apple, because that is the only pitch you ever had.
Almost all new software has bugs, because the code is thousands of lines if not millions of lines long.
So, it is easy to say your competitors new software product is buggy or glitchy.

Instead of telling us about your competitors' glitches. (every Apple commercial in history except the artsy ones)
Tell us about your product without a 10 second artsy crap like smashing a monitor.
Sorry to go off topic but I hate Apple's commercials.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 08:12
Once I got past the quirks (turning off the crappy UAC and all that) and getting used to the new stuff about Vista I can say I don't have any issues with it and FPSC seems to function just as well if not better.
As far as those Apple commercials maybe Microsoft needs to make one with the pc asking the Mac how many cool games he can play or why most software developed is for the pc and not the uber cool Mac.
As far as suggestions/reasons your pc might be freezing...
FPSC is a system hog.It doesn't like to share your pc with any other app and you might check to see if you are running any unnecessary apps or processes.
Make sure you have the latest version of Direct X and the latest drivers for your system (most notably the video card).
When you exit FPSC sometimes the map editor will keep running.This usually happens after something weird...like a crash.You will have to end the process via Windows Task Manager before you use FPSC again.
You do not need to restart your system most of the time.If you have Windows Task Manager open (I keep mine open for these kinds of things) you can hit the ALT and the TAB keys at the same time until the Task Manager comes up and end FPSC and the editor.
If I had to reboot my machine every time something went wrong with FPSC I woud have thrown my pc out the window years ago.
Note:
This does not mean that you won't get a crash and have to ever reboot your system.It just means that most of the time you don't.

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 05:54
I hear that everyone is turning off the UAC... well, I didn't do that. I'm perfectly fine with clicking "Accept" for every program that needs to run.

In my past experiences I've lost more work due to a hard drive crash/virus infestation than I have from anything else. If I have to put up with clicking "Accept" when I run a program just to be sure that everything that my computer executes is safe and something that I wanted to be executed, then I think the security gained from that outweighs any inconvenience it may have for me.

The one and only,

TeamASP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 09:37
FPSC works good with Vista, unless YOUR Vista is x64 rather than the faster x86. Some issues arise due to errors of some models and Vista being Vista, AND upgrading it to V1.07 will cause FPSC to tell you that you need DX9. (Pathetic since Vista will NEVER run on DX9*) Upgrading it higher than V1.07 will do good (e.g. V1.08, V1.09). BTW, Vista isn't crappy. It's a better system than XP, but still built on DOS structure. Yup, there are problems on compatibility issues, but they usually happen on 98 Software. (Visual Studio 6).

Vista has a better update feature, since if you want to get a update by yourself, Windows Update program will do the rest of it, rather that YOU going to their WEBSITE. And another, if you got Vista SP1, then things will go better your way!

*By default, Vista runs on DX10.
@Plystire; Your sig is somehow interesting. Grecian math is kinda philosophical. Cheers.

All The Best For Everyone.

Loyal Servant of The Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 00:17
Quote: "I hate vista mainly because of it's compatability issues. I'd rather stick to an operating system that doesn't take up 1gb, i am used to and is more likely to run an old-gen game."

I've never had a program not run in Vista. I've run everything from Starcraft to Warcraft Orcs v. Humans.(too bad it broke )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:32:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:32:23