Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / some questions before I buy...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
first of all, ive been playing with FPS Creator's Trial for a couple days and it really is a great tool. I just had a few questions before I actually buy it.

1. I downloaded a game made with FPS called Beyond Life that supposedly won some big awards or something, but when I started the game after 15 min it still hadnt loaded. I have a very up-to-date computer, infact I just got a new one a month ago with a top of the line graphics card. Do all games made with FPS creator load so slowly? Nobody I know would play my games if they had to wait 20 mins just to play the first level!

2. The AI in the trial is just...well, the enemies if not in a group just act plain stupid. Is the full version any better, or do I have a script set wrong or what? The game just isnt challenging unless I put a big group of guys in a room.

3. Do the zombies shown in the trial (that you cant use) have a script that makes them act like...well, zombies? from what ive seen they have to carry guns which for my ideas for games, that just isnt going to work.

thanks to anybody who answers.
bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 02:18
1. Beyond life has been known to have long loading times

2. I beileive airslide released some AI recently thats pretty impressive

3. After purchasing the full version I reccomend buying MP4 for zombies (Made by Bond1 who I am currently making a shrine to in my closet)

therapy has taught me not to talk to men with needles
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 02:22 Edited at: 1st Apr 2008 02:22
1) Beyond Life had crazy amounts of custom media. With my terrible computer games for me usually load in about 5 minutes with the v108 update. Beyond Life was just a rare exception. However loading times can become a bit slow.

2) Enemy are stupid lol. There are many scripts you'll find roaming around this place but depending on how you set up it up you can make them much better. But they won't be like what you see in commercial quality games.

3) I believe there is a melee script I haven't tried it though.

[edit] shucks you beat me to it

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 07:43
IIRC Beyond Life was made with Version 1 of the software... The newer versions have speed increases which would see your levels load faster...

[center]
Atomic Toast
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks alot everyone. I was thinking about model pack for and how good it looked to me. and if beyond life just natrually had slow loading that makes sense. I actually think I will buy this now after I trade in some old games. Thanks everyone.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 19:24:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 19:24:11