Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Directory structure dependencies to run an .exe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I am having a problem understanding the directory requirements to run an .exe. outside of visual. In fact I can run the exe by copying the file from the release directory constructed by visual to the directory above - no problem. What I do not understand is why I need to do this if I have no media being used except for an explicit path in the code for a model.

The code is a modified version of the tutorial on using 3dws files with DarkGDK.

Now, if I run this code in the release directory, I get no model in the display. On the other hand if I run from the directory above then everything is fine (no textures loaded but I understand that).

Can someone explain the directory dependency? There is obviously something other than the media involved.

Here is the line where I specify the model to load.

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 15:21 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2008 15:23
Try adding this code:

above the line where you load your model file, just to check if the model file can be found by your app.

Edit: If the file can be found then it's a either problem with your code which loads the model or displays it.

Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:31:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:31:05