Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Is there an easier way to figure out what exactly is happening with physics?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im trying to figure out if there is a way to make the "hidden" physics collision object visible so I can see their size, shape, etc.

having to constantly hit something to see how close the "phy vehicle body" is to the size of the car seems slow and tedious. I found a "phy enable debug" but as far as I can tell it doesn't do anything. and the documentation just mentions it in passing.

I have vehicles that drive sideways, 6 feet off the ground......
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 20:31 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2008 20:34
You must call phy enable debug before anything else to do with physics, just to be certain.

Then to see the physical geometry you can use the remote debugger which can be found in Start->Program Files->The Game Creators->Expansion Packs->Dark Physics->Tools->Debugger. If you fire this up before you run your project (with debug enabled) then run your project in windowed mode you can see what is happening in the physics world. Warning, the physical geometry in the debugger is flipped along the X & Z axis because the debugger uses a different handed cartesian co-ordinate system to GDK/DBP/DX this doesn't mean your actual physics geometry is screwed, so don't be alarmend when you see your world back-to-front.

Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.
Sledgez
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you monotonic!

After trying what you suggested, I realized there was a screenshot of the physics debugger in the documetation I read, but there was no explanation of what it was or how to get to it. Hopefully they will edit the vehicle section a little bit.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-16 20:14:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-16 20:14:04