Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Space Opera

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 23:14 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2008 19:59
I just got an idea the other night to try and make something with a synthesizer orchestra. (Yeah, I know that's been done before but it isn't all that common and I've yet to try it out ).

This is just something that I quickly wrapped together as inspirtion struck me; it isn't mixed or optimized and the sounds aren't all that properly set up, but I just wanted to get an idea of how it would sound.

So here is the beginning of a song I call Space Opera

The password for the file is 8902.

So, what do you think?
Comments, ideas, critics etc. are welcome

Used synthesizers
Yamaha Electone
Elka Synthex
Crumar Orchestrator
Logan Strings Melody 2

Also a virtual Prophet 5 filter was applied.

Please notice that the song is permitted for listening only; should you really want to use this for something you'd have to ask for my permission first.

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 23:35
Quote: "if somebody could explain how I could get the <a href = url>name</a> syntax style for the links, I would appreciate it"

Use '[' and ']' instead of '<' and '>', and remove the 'a'.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 23:42 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2008 23:52
bbcode:

edit: er, not working now. let me double-check...
edit2: it works if you don't use a space in the url. that's what was throwing it off.

on2sound:

forgive my ignorance on terminology, etc, but wanted to give some feedback on your latest offering here.

in my opinion, everything sounded good up until ~ 0:40 where the definite "synthetic" sound is introduced to the song; it just doesn't quite fit with the rest. it's too metallic/"twangy" and slightly offensive to the ear. i appreciate the "echoing drum" just before it because it's similar to what comes next but either it needs more of a segue, or the aforementioned "offensive" tone needs to be more subtle.

i hope i made some sense there. heh. i told you i was ignorant on the subject, but i do enjoy hearing what people are coming up with on the sound/music forum here and would like to help in the feedback department

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 20:13
Ah, well, I knew it should be bbCode, but I thought the syntax should be

Thanks for pointing out that it was [ url ]
I had to change the filename though.... chagrinning that it wouldn't accept spaces (not even %20).

Yeah, I should probably try to soften the lead or perhaps change the sound alltogether.
The drums is actually a filtered real timpani sample; I didn't put too much time on the settings here though, so the sound is way more skreechy than I intended it to be (I guess it motsly needs a lower cutoff frequency).

Still so, the intention is to have a synthetic sound with an orchestral arrangement (I'm not all that well at making sense either), so perhaps the choir pad in the beginning is a bit too smooth instead?

I don't really know; I'll have to think a bit about this.

Thanks for you input, Virtual Nomad

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:33:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:33:16