Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbSetImageColorKey troubles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Im sure this is easy but I can't seem to get dbSetImageColorKey to work:S

I set the transparent color to white(for testing purposes) and For what ever reason the sprite still has a white background this is the code, nothing special going on just putting a couple sprites on the screen:

Ive tried putting the SetImageColorKey function before loading the image and after, im sure im missing something obvious

Thanks!
ErDa
Years of Service
User Offline
It should definately be before dbLoadImage, as the commands are executed from top to bottom. Other than that, white is 255,255,255. Black is 0,0,0. =)
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 18:22 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2008 18:23
Tdawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the responses guys

I actually figured it out, it turns out for some reason if I remove the dbCLS(0,0,0); line of code, the color key works! now I'm just stuck with a blue screen, oh well its progress.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 04:52
I accidently ran into something today I wasn't aware of.

you know that dbRGB command? you pass the three collors right? It adds on a 255 ALPHA to make it fully opaque.

Not sure if this applies - but I found that out debugging something where I was having issues with tranparency etc commands not seeming to do what I thought - and once I realized how that dbRGB thing REALLY worked - I changed a line of code - and WHAM - ... Maybe its something silly like that... somehow... just rambling and sharing possibly useful info.

Later

Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 04:17
Quote: "you know that dbRGB command? you pass the three collors right? It adds on a 255 ALPHA to make it fully opaque. "

I assumed it did something like that which is why I'm surprised that I couldn't make per-pixel alpha work in a bitmap. I may have to go back and revisit that. If per-pixel alpha was intended to work then I'd have expected to find a dbRGBA function also. It's easy enough implement

color = r + g << 8 + b << 16 + a << 24;

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 05:05
Mine might not be the most eficient - but this is how it sits today:

jgc_rgba.h

jgc_rgba.cpp

Hope this might be useful to someone

Jason